COLD FEET

bedshaped2000

Is my cold feet due to diabetes. ive been getting excellent numbers since the low carbing has started and i have lost 5 stone in the last 10 months but my feet seem to be so cold. the chiropdist checked my feet and everything was fine he even said my feet were a good temperature. Is he sure they feel like ice blocks. is this diabetes or me being a hypochondriac.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I've had cold feet all my life ! :D However this year after losing weight they do do seem to be much colder ! :(

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I wear thick woolly socks
Hana

neededthat

my feet have always been cold but since being diabetic they do feel much colder now, and a hot bath is the only way i get them warm was thinking of buying one of those heated foot warmer 8)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ive always felt the cold on my feet, and since the big weight loss i too wear 2 thick pairs of socks and still sometimes feel it :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
After I wrote about thick woolly socks, which I do wear, I realised that today I'm wearing silk ones, which are just as warm, but not nearly so bulky. they last pretty well too if you remember not to launder them in a bio product. If they last, they justify the fact that they cost a bit more.
My favourites are silk toe socks from "Toe Toe " online: a beautiful fit and don't crush my overlong toes,
Hana

IanS

An intersting thread bearing in mind that I have had perpetually cold feet for nearly 3 weeks now.

I am seeing my GP tonight on the subject, so if I learn anything intersting, I will let you all know. Somehow, I suspect that he will tell me that it is perfectly normal and just wear another pair of socks or thick boots or whetever.

IanS.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Ian
try silk socks
Hana

IanS

Saw the GP last night. He groped my feet and announced that he could see no reason why my feet should be particularly cold as the circulation was perfectly normal and my blood glucose was under tight control. All he suggested was try 2 pairs of socks. He then went on to observe that he himself was suffering cold feet at the moment. I declined to grope his feet. :!:

There was one surprise however. I had to collect a prescription for the eye drops for my glaucoma. I noticed from the repeat slip attached to the prescription, that he had (unprompted by me) renewed the repeat for test strips (150 at a go) and lancets (200 at a go) and put them on unlimited repeat prescriptions for a year. :shock:

IanS

IanS

hanadr said:
Ian
try silk socks
Hana

I have tried 2 pairs of wool socks today. My feet are slightly better (but only slightly). It doesn't help that the temperature in the office still hasn't struggled above 19 Celsius (66 Fahrenheit in old money).

IanS

Iolanthe

Dislikes
Carrots, parsnips, beans and pulses. People who don't get to the point!
My feet have always been cold, but lately even colder since I lost six stone. I warm my feet up on my husband, who really complains, but I tell him it is the marriage contract small print! But seriously my feet are so cold most of the time they only time they go pink is in the bath or shower. It also makes them very painful. I have already lost feeling in two toes due to poor sugar control as the medics could not decide what to prescribe for six months. I have just started Januvia and am hoping this my reverse this , especially as I now have similar symptons in my fingers.

I have invested in a couple of bed socks from M&S, very warm and also very pretty, they have done the trick and not too much of a turn off. :wink: