Are there are manufacturers of metformin that do not contain titanium dioxide?

Peter-ch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am very worried about my diabetic tablets (i.e. metformin 1,000 mg) BD & blood pressure tablets (i.e. Losartan, istadipine, indapamide) contains Titanium dioxide which I gather from several websites that titanium dioxide nano-particles(NP) are absorbed in the intestines & blood-brain barrier causing oxidative stress and necrosis to in glial cells & neurones in the brain.

I am extremely worried about the possibly (however slight) of necrosis to the glial cells & neurones in the brain - enough to greatly worry & stress me every second of my waking moments.

Is there such tablets without titanium dioxide as an inactive colouring agent? Please suggest some possible tablets & pharmaceutical manufacturers & retailers I approach on this matter (so that I can sent my repeat prescriptions to them to dispense).

I am wondering if there are manufacturers of metformin, Losartan, istadipine, indapamide that do not contain Titanium dioxide? Will enteric coating tablets or capsules not contain titanium dioxide?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
All I can say is if Titanium dioxide worries you so much and probably not without some cause please be aware that it is a common food additive and is also added to skimmed milk to turn it white from blue. So check all food labels and or buy organic as organic foods are not allowed to have it added.

And as far as I am aware all Metformin tablets contain small amounts but I may stand corrected on this.

Peter-ch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All I can say is if Titanium dioxide worries you so much and probably not without some cause please be aware that it is a common food additive and is also added to skimmed milk to turn it white from blue. So check all food labels and or buy organic as organic foods are not allowed to have it added.

And as far as I am aware all Metformin tablets contain small amounts but I may stand corrected on this.
I read food labels carefully & will not buy those containing Titanium dioxide.
One manufacturer has responded to my email today to them - saying that their metformin do not contain titanium dioxide.

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well then I stand corrected nothing like going to the source is there. Mind you it's just one of many substances it is probably best to avoid if we obsessed about them all I doubt we would be able to cope or eat or drink very much at all.

Like I do my best to avoid fluoride but unfortunately it now seems to be present in virtually all food and drink products to some degree so I avoid what I can and try and have faith that what I can't avoid will be in small enough quantities so as not to do too much harm.

Reactions: 2 people