What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Discovered that Hummus isn't as carb heavy as I expected - around 4g per quarter pot or so. Used cheese sticks - as much as I've tried celery doesn't work for me (ok I hate it!) - nice to add another low carb food back into my diet!

Reactions: 6 people

Issy12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
OMG...forgot to mention, I have been having a single square of Lindt 70% dark chocolate when I watch TV in the evening...well yesterday when I was shopping i found the Lindt 90% and was so chuffed Id got it. Tried to nibble on it last night, the significant word there was 'tried' oh dear, I would rather have nothing, it tastes like death, do you guys ever acquire a taste for that stuff? Back to 70% for me, although my DN told me today that 1 or 2 squares of any chocolate isn't enough to cause an issue. Will still stick to the 70% though for now, at least until my BG is regulated x
I've never had Lindt, but Tesco 85% is good! plus it's only £1 at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
I've never had Lindt, but Tesco 85% is good! plus it's only £1 at the moment.
Oooh ran out last night, might need to pop to Tesco later too! Thanks x

Reactions: 4 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
B - 9 Bar. L - (oh the shame ) KFC mighty bucket for one, with coleslaw, no fries! ( works out at around 30 carbs!!! ) D - Air!! haha ...about to take my BG...wish me luck! x Edited to say BG was 6.2 ( thats pretty low for me...very surprising! Away out for a run now and will test again when i get home

D

debrasue

B: Coffee with whole milk
L: Cheese & tomato sandwich on Bfree brown seeded gluten-free bread, raspberries & cream
D (will be): Roast salmon & red peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, cheesy courgettes
S: Chocologic sugar-free dark chocolate
Carbs: 44.2g

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - 9 Bar. L - (oh the shame ) KFC mighty bucket for one, with coleslaw, no fries! ( works out at around 30 carbs!!! ) D - Air!! haha ...about to take my BG...wish me luck! x Edited to say BG was 6.2 ( thats pretty low for me...very surprising! Away out for a run now and will test again when i get home
KFC Mighty Bucket for one did my BG no good at all, so well done you!!

I've just made and noshed on @debrasue 's celeriac rosti, and it's excellent...really scrummy. I've got a recipe for a potato and ginger rosti somewhere, so I might experiment with that next time, and maybe fry rather than bake to get extra crispiness. But the recipe as given tastes great just as it is. Thanks very much, Debra Sue!!

Celeriac chips - the jury's still out. They're not bad, especially when dusted in paprika and a good dollop of mayo, but the biggest problem is that THEY JUST AREN'T CHIPS and they'll always be a poor substitute.

Reactions: 7 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

I've just made and noshed on @debrasue 's celeriac rosti, and it's excellent...really scrummy. I've got a recipe for a potato and ginger rosti somewhere, so I might experiment with that next time, and maybe fry rather than bake to get extra crispiness. But the recipe as given tastes great just as it is. Thanks very much, Debra Sue!!

Celeriac chips - the jury's still out. They're not bad, especially when dusted in paprika and a good dollop of mayo, but the biggest problem is that THEY JUST AREN'T CHIPS and they'll always be a poor substitute.
I put curry powder on my celeriac chips, recipe on BBC good food.:)

D

debrasue

Aww, thanks Geoffers - coming from the man who created the magnificent spinach bread (which has become a staple in our house), that review is very much appreciated! :D
I'm with you on the celeriac chips. They're not bad, but - although I like the celeriac taste - it's a constant reminder that they aren't chips, and mine never seem to stay crisp. After a minute or two on the plate they go rather soft and limp. :meh:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Ham and cheese

D. Chicken kebab with salad - I didn't touch the pitta bread
But bag of hoopla hoops and a 15g bar of Greene&Black chocolate- I'm comfort eating today as I haven't been well. Must get back on track tomorrow:joyful:

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Ham and cheese

But bag of hoopla hoops and a 15g bar of Greene&Black chocolate- I'm comfort eating today as I haven't been well. Must get back on track tomorrow:joyful:
Get well soon @mo53. X

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Ham and cheese

One bag of hula hoops and she thinks she's off-track! Lady, you're managing carbs so well! I could ruin you!!!!! :D:D

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Skyr yoghurt. Managed to find the real thing in Waitrose (ie made in Iceland) rather than Arla variety made in Germany. I love it! Not cheap though:woot:
L: Went for an emergency trip to Lidl (1 hour round trip) to stock up on protein rolls. Lunch was a roll with Marmite and goat's cheese
D: chorizo & prawns with lime and garlic (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/prawnandchorizolingu_93455), courgette; chocolate chia seed muffin with blueberries and cream:hungry:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Reactions: 7 people

RuffsTheShake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
B- coffee and an avocado, bacon, spinach and poached egg stack on 1 slice sourdough
L- kangaroo wraps (sour cream, sweet chilli, coriander, mixed leaves, kangaroo in left over black bean tomato onion taco mix, parmesan cheese in a low carb wrap)
D- zucchini noodles and tofu soup

I have been a little more liberal low carb lately after reading about type 1 and increasing insulin resistance on strict low carb

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Friday 15 / 04 / 16/
B 1 poached egg on 2 small slices of wholemeal weight watchers bread
S Pot of greek coconut and vanilla no fat yogurt / 1 teaspoon of Linseed and gogi berry seeds from Aldi.
L small crustless cheese and broccoli quiche / 1 capacinno / 1 pear
D Fish no batter and peas

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today I've behaved ( so far ) B - 9 Bar. L - Lidl roll with extra vintage cheddar and a few pickle onions sliced up, Small handful of cashews and a small fruit salad. D- will be chicken tikka with a mixed green salad. S - 1 square of 70%

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Ah thats a shame, though have to say even though it didn't make me spike too bad it wasn't as enjoyable as i remember it being, very very greasy! I must do something with celeriac, Im always seeing it mentioned in here, I did buy one but it sat there until it went off because I didn't really know where to start, not to mention even getting it prepared looked a bit intimidating haha! x

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L.slice of ham with Greek salad

D. Will be steak cooked in the oven with onions , mushrooms and gravy served with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

@TracyC I googled celeriac and there was a utube clip which showed easiest way to peel it. @debrasue has put some superb celeriac recipes on the low carb recipe thread.