What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L.slice of ham with Greek salad

D. Will be steak cooked in the oven with onions , mushrooms and gravy served with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

@TracyC I googled celeriac and there was a utube clip which showed easiest way to peel it. @debrasue has put some superb celeriac recipes on the low carb recipe thread.
Thank you Mo, going to go have a look! xx

D

debrasue

B: Coffee with whole milk
L: Cheese & gluten-free crackers; raspberries & cream
D (will be): Steak with mushrooms and stir-fried vegetables (bean sprouts, cabbage, spinach, peppers & carrot)
S: Chocologic sugar-free chocolate & Diabolo sugar-free hazelnut chocolate spread on a slice of Nimble toast
Carbs: 62g :eek:
(That was down to the chocolate. Going to have to knock that on the head :( - I'm supposed to be sticking to under 40g...)
BG levels still reasonably OK, though (5.9)

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Tried vegetable lasagna as meant to be soups and blended foods. (No pasta)- eggplant, courgette, sweet potato, tomatoes, cheeses and spinach.
Now to wait 7
Days to see how it affects my bowel.
Was sooooo tasty!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1460833895.528768.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Dickensfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I noticed yesterday when I downloaded the 2 week lchf info that they describe breakfasts for more than one person, one recipe said breakfast (4 servings) 8 eggs, I could hardly believe what I was seeing, then I realized it was 4 servings, whilst I'm doing this on my own, why the heck say 4 servings as if it's an entire family having breakfast - just something that infuriates me.

Reactions: 4 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cup of tea.
L: after having spent loads of time in hospital the past month or two, I wanted some fresh air so we (my husband and my God daughter) went for a lovely walk at the nearest seaside ( westward ho) it was chilly but sunny, they both had hotdogs so I got a pot of mussels from a sea food stand. Yummy. I did however give in and had a small ice cream cone :oops:.
D: 2 slices of ladeerma?? Cheese and few cherry tomatoes.
Start again tomorrow.

Reactions: 6 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chocolate chia seed muffin, Skyr, blueberries
L: Lidl roll, bacon, brie
D: lamb ragu, celeriac rosti (thanks @debrasu for that recipe idea!), lemon curd & raspberry mousse

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Challenging day as out most of day. Ended up going to Nandos for dinner as in rush before cinema had chicken and peas - actually not too bad. Had cashews at cinema - wanted Haribo! BG 4.9 after two hours so guess I made the tight choices ...

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those that have Skyr yoghurt, is it high in carbs? Am I allowed to ask questions here? Thank you

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Coffee N Cream
B Bacon 2 Poached Eggs and Tomato
S Peanuts
L Salami,Pepperoni, Tasty Cheese and White Onions
S Peanuts
D Beef Kebabs with Cauliflower Fried Rice (first time and was surprisingly good)
S Coffee N Cream

Carbs 28g

Reactions: 8 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those that have Skyr yoghurt, is it high in carbs? Am I allowed to ask questions here? Thank you
It depends on what flavour you go for and brand. I have found that the vanilla variety from Waitrose (proper from Iceland) is 3.7g/100g. Think the blueberry one is also under 5g/100g but some of the others are much higher. In Iceland there were about 8 different flavours but some were off limits on LC eating. They are also very low in fat but high in protein. Ask all the questions you like!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Mongolia i had a look on the Arla site, some of the flavoured ones in 150g pots were around 13.5g of carbs so I'd avoid them. Need to do more research, a flavoured yoghurt would be nice for a change I generally eat the Greek Fage one, very nice and often add a few raspberries when I want a bit more flavour.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Mongolia i had a look on the Arla site, some of the flavoured ones in 150g pots were around 13.5g of carbs so I'd avoid them. Need to do more research, a flavoured yoghurt would be nice for a change I generally eat the Greek Fage one, very nice and often add a few raspberries when I want a bit more flavour.
Yes except for the plain variety Arla is quite high. And not genuine - made in Germany. This is the one from Iceland that you can get in Waitrose http://www.skyriceland.com/Resources/Follow-your-heart/index.html#4/z and probably other health food shops? They come in individual pots with a plastic spoon in the lid so great if you get caught out somewhere in need of lunch!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia thanks again, I'll check them out in my local Waitrose. Thought it might be available through Ocado that I use for my weekly shop (ensuring I have healthy food in the house!) but doesn't look like it. The carb content of the ones you've suggested looks great - appreciate the information

RuffsTheShake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
B- (which I was super proud of serving to my partner as a surprise in bed : P) homemade low carb buns with avocado, smoked salmon, tomato, rocket and eggs stack with homemade hollandaise
L- smoked salmon salad
S - 90% dark chocolate
D - lamb and salad
I have had an amazingly flat day! It has only ranged from 5.4 to 6.4. I don't think it has ever been this stable : )

Reactions: 10 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:

B: Fried Egg, 2 Bacon, 2 Chiplolatas, Tomato & Tea
L: Goats cheese with Salad Leafs and Olive Oil
D: Pork Fillet stuffed with Mushrooms, Garlic, Thyme, & Creme Fraiche, with Green Beans, Broccoli & Spinach
Stilton, Camembert & Boursin with a few Crackers
Copious amounts of Cotes du Rhone Villages

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
B- peanut 9 bar. L- Sausages, bacon, low sugar beans, egg, mushrooms, a lidl protein roll. Ummm .. and a Lidl jam doughut. ( needless to say bloods stupidly high (10.1) D - will be a small portion of Skyr yogurt and raspberries. S - 2 squares of 70% .. Do you guys think its ok to treat yourself (Just once a week), like after dinner on a Sunday have a dessert or a cake?

Reactions: 8 people
D

debrasue

L: Bacon, eggs, fried slice of Nimble low-carb bread, mushrooms
D (will be): Roast chicken, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cheesy courgettes, gravy
S: 1 slice of Nimble toast with Diablo low-carb chocolate hazelnut spread, 1 slice of @ewelina's Lemon Cake with a lemon & Triple-Zero stevia drizzle on the top (well, I made one today and I had to try it, didn't I?)
BG level 2 hours after lunch, though, was 7.7 which is the highest it's been for about 4 weeks (after a 4.3 fasting this morning). I'm putting it down to the 2 slices of Nimble, so the birds are getting the rest of the loaf! (Pity, it was quite nice.)
:(

Reactions: 6 people

Dickensfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This was supposed to be day 1 of the 2 week LCHF diet, but unfortunately I have fallen at the first hurdle - I simply cannot cook the things on the list, and i hate frying, the kitchen getting smoky, the smoke alarm going off - it's alien to my way of cooking in the past, I love to use the oven and my slow cooker - I only ever use my hob for boiling veg, but today I had to use it (according to the instructions on the diet) for frying - I hated it - consequently, I've had breakfast, lunch but no dinner as I just don't have the appetite - sorry to disappoint anyone on here who has tried to help me, but at least I know the pros and cons of LCHF to carry on with.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
L: Bacon, eggs, fried slice of Nimble low-carb bread, mushrooms
D (will be): Roast chicken, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cheesy courgettes, gravy
S: 1 slice of Nimble toast with Diablo low-carb chocolate hazelnut spread, 1 slice of @ewelina's Lemon Cake with a lemon & Triple-Zero stevia drizzle on the top (well, I made one today and I had to try it, didn't I?)
BG level 2 hours after lunch, though, was 7.7 which is the highest it's been for about 4 weeks (after a 4.3 fasting this morning). I'm putting it down to the 2 slices of Nimble, so the birds are getting the rest of the loaf! (Pity, it was quite nice.)
:(
God I wish I could even get a 7.7, my fasting this morning was 19.0. :***: