The SCREAM thread

linnyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!
People who are cruel to people or animals.
Please I need a scream....aggggggghh...........got called to DN says HBA1C was good and low, I mentioned as don't like to keep secrets that I'm following advice on here ref lchf,she says that has nothing to do with it it's my insulin doing the work!!!!! REALLY......
ON another scream,Mice in the cloakroom.......
On another scream, why do people presume I'm fat and lazy because I'm type 2?????
Only this forum keeps me sane
Thanks everyone.........
Will start my day .............
I think we all need each other on here, I have been amazed by the level of support this site provides. Sending hugs xx

Reactions: 11 people

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
Hi, maybe one day you will be able to come off Insulin and then go back to DN and tell her with a smug look on your face :smug: Have good day :)
Thanks for that,I'd love it f I could but I take permanent steroids,so insulin will be my life....but I'm sticking with advice on here and loving the hugs and likes .......I roam the forums and just needed to vent this morning.....

Reactions: 6 people

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
Well, personally, I have a very fat lady in seven inch spikes wearing a fifties ruffled strapless ballgown with huge cleavage just panting to come out of my mediocre regulation bod and yodel at the top of her lungs
Love it........

S

Sable_Jan

And deep take of breath....

I LAMENT THE SAD PASSING OF PUNCTUATION.

And.... Relax....
and spelling as well as the wrong use of a word such as through and threw, draws and drawers.....
I know not everyone can get to grips with it but our newspapers, "official" letters from companies, tv subtitles... And my biggest gripe "would of" instead of the contraction "would've". Have you read "Eats shoots and leaves" can't remember if the title is with or without punctuation but it doesn't half make a difference to the meaning
Oh, and apostrophes when it's (now I'm never sure on its ) when it's a plural, not denoting possession

Last edited:
P

paula.nolan42

and spelling as well as the wrong use of a word such as through and threw, draws and drawers.....
I know not everyone can get to grips with it but our newspapers, "official" letters from companies, tv subtitles... And my biggest gripe "would of" instead of the contraction "would've". Have you read "Eats shoots and leaves" can't remember if the title is with or without punctuation but it doesn't half make a difference to the meaning
Oh, and apostrophes when it's (now I'm never sure on its ) when it's a plural, not denoting possession

I'm actually not too bad about it but I come from a family of Grammar Nazis but when I read an entire sentence void of any punctuation, the sentence losses all meaning.

I do like ready Grammar Memes :)

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a (compulsory) water meter fitted six months ago and have just discovered that it's spying on us - a man knocked at the door to say that there is a slight leak somewhere in our system and we have 14 days to sort it out: apparently the meter sent them a message, the dirty grass.

Can't see anything obvious but we can hear the faint sound of water running in the system and have tracked it down to - probably - the pipe feeding our outhouse. Out with the fork and shovel, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggh!!!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
We had a (compulsory) water meter fitted six months ago and have just discovered that it's spying on us - a man knocked at the door to say that there is a slight leak somewhere in our system and we have 14 days to sort it out: apparently the meter sent them a message, the dirty grass.

Can't see anything obvious but we can hear the faint sound of water running in the system and have tracked it down to - probably - the pipe feeding our outhouse. Out with the fork and shovel, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggh!!!

Just consider it a blessing, at least you got told about it before it started costing you "Loads a money" if its your side of the meter it will soon mount up to a considerable sum, trust me been there and paid the price..........:mad:

Reactions: 5 people

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Just consider it a blessing, at least you got told about it before it started costing you "Loads a money" if its your side of the meter it will soon mount up to a considerable sum, trust me been there and paid the price..........:mad:
Been there too!! My ex left the shower on all weekend and a hot pipe burst!! First and ground floor ruined and a huge bill for water and heating!! Plus had to move out for 6 months while it was repaired!! Had to have new carpets, kitchen and flooring throughout!! Had kitchen knocked into dining room at same time!! Sold the house shortly after and had a lot more for it than previous valuation before the flood!! At least the insurance paid out!!

Reactions: 7 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect it is going to cost loadsamoney :eek: :D. My mate Pete and I have been digging around outside the building, where we can hear the water running and we're reluctantly coming to the conclusion that it's under the floor in the shower room (our outhouse is a one time coach-house that has been converted into a self-contained bedsit/spare room). I say "reluctantly", because the shower room floor has stone tiles, laid on top of hardboard, laid on top of beams, laid on top of concrete. If the bit of pipe that's leaking is in the concrete, it's a fairly major job but even if we have to pull the floor up it will involve messing about with tiles and so forth. It's our side of the meter and I fear our insurers are likely to deem it wear and tear, but we shall see.

I don't like Mondays Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sable_Jan

How do they know it's a leak?

S

Sable_Jan

I suspect it is going to cost loadsamoney :eek: :D. My mate Pete and I have been digging around outside the building, where we can hear the water running and we're reluctantly coming to the conclusion that it's under the floor in the shower room (our outhouse is a one time coach-house that has been converted into a self-contained bedsit/spare room). I say "reluctantly", because the shower room floor has stone tiles, laid on top of hardboard, laid on top of beams, laid on top of concrete. If the bit of pipe that's leaking is in the concrete, it's a fairly major job but even if we have to pull the floor up it will involve messing about with tiles and so forth. It's our side of the meter and I fear our insurers are likely to deem it wear and tear, but we shall see.

I don't like Mondays Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................
Now how can it be wear and tear if it's so well covered in?

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do they know it's a leak?
It's definitely a leak - we've found it! :D

Me and my mate Pete have done some more excavating and worked out that the leak is in the supply pipe, before the stopcock in the building - and hence not under the floor, in the concrete etc. etc.

The plan, at present, is to run a new supply pipe from the meter to the building (about 25 yards) on the basis that if we fix the current leak, it will probably burst somewhere else. It's old (possibly very old) iron piping and on its last legs. So, I'll be digging a trench for the pipe and we think we can get a new pipe up to the stopcock, via the route that the existing pipe takes, without too much disruption. The building is about 120 years old and the footings are, um, not very deep, so it's not a major issue. We're still debating whether to get a plumber in to connect everything up but I want to find out more about where the existing supply goes (it feeds both the outbuilding and our house) before deciding, though Pete - who's an incredibly enthusiastic, can-do kind of guy who has renovated several old houses in his time - is dead keen to get on with it, yikes :eek:

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

It's definitely a leak - we've found it! :D

Me and my mate Pete have done some more excavating and worked out that the leak is in the supply pipe, before the stopcock in the building - and hence not under the floor, in the concrete etc. etc.

The plan, at present, is to run a new supply pipe from the meter to the building (about 25 yards) on the basis that if we fix the current leak, it will probably burst somewhere else. It's old (possibly very old) iron piping and on its last legs. So, I'll be digging a trench for the pipe and we think we can get a new pipe up to the stopcock, via the route that the existing pipe takes, without too much disruption. The building is about 120 years old and the footings are, um, not very deep, so it's not a major issue. We're still debating whether to get a plumber in to connect everything up but I want to find out more about where the existing supply goes (it feeds both the outbuilding and our house) before deciding, though Pete - who's an incredibly enthusiastic, can-do kind of guy who has renovated several old houses in his time - is dead keen to get on with it, yikes :eek:
Glad you've found and it's not under the floor. Fingers crossed you can connect that end to stopcock without causing movement the other side

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok ... I need to scream .... Right now .... Screaming ... Seeing all shades of red mist appearing... And screaming from the top of my lungs in anger ..l. Don't ask ... But needless to say it is connected with my DSN grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....... And Doctors ....... Stopped telling myself to breath .. as there is little point without the permission of my dr saying I am or not allowed to breath .........
Walking away from the keyboard now .... I may be a little while .. As I am hitting my head against the wall now ...... It's not helping ... But hell it can do no harm ... O ... but I don't have my Drs permission to do that ....

S

Sable_Jan

Ok ... I need to scream .... Right now .... Screaming ... Seeing all shades of red mist appearing... And screaming from the top of my lungs in anger ..l. Don't ask ... But needless to say it is connected with my DSN grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....... And Doctors ....... Stopped telling myself to breath .. as there is little point without the permission of my dr saying I am or not allowed to breath .........
Walking away from the keyboard now .... I may be a little while .. As I am hitting my head against the wall now ...... It's not helping ... But hell it can do no harm ... O ... but I don't have my Drs permission to do that ....
Will a BIG HUG help?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Sable_Jan ... I need it :)
I have to apologise to anyone who may of read me saying ... Its your body .. you have the last say on whatever your Dr is trying to force you to do ..... Well it would seem I am wrong ..... Apparently your dr has the last say .... so as the wife always said .. when you go to a drs you are signing away your body .. its no longer yours to make decisions about. No wonder she says she would rather die than attend the Drs ... I am starting to see her point !!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people