Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Good morning from a sunny Spain.
5.4 fasting.
Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 16 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Good morning. 8.1 at 9am - that's a bit better - off to dig the allotment a bit more to see if that affects the numbers a bit more in the morning.

Reactions: 27 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday my fasting BG was 4.3!!

I didn't test today because I was camping overnight. It won't have been a good result anyway because much ale was had last night! Bottles of beer by a roaring fire and it snowed too! Fantastic.

Reactions: 18 people

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Mine was 10.3 - which doesn't sound good for T2 but I am currently on 8 week BS diet due to BS shooting up to 16 - 18 following quitting cigs - so I am pleased so far - only 1 week in.

Reactions: 17 people

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
10.9 before you all go whoa I was diagnosed last week at 17.8 I only picked up the meter Yesterday and have not yet started the metformin but have been strict LCHF
Good luck - I was dx in 2007 at 12 now after pretty even 6-7 all this time - suddenly zoomed into double figures - 16 ouch! Started 8 week 800 call diet a week ago - 10.3 fasting this morning so like you I am quite pleased. Interested to see how yours is going as I too have just started using a meter.

Reactions: 13 people

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Aside of walking taken up old wii fitness board I have ordered new game that enables tailoring to personal needs - gym too expensive as I'm retired. I know wii sounds more game than exercise but it can be quite intense ☺

Reactions: 13 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta