Reactions: 33 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
great tattoo -- hopefully it won't ever be needed :)

Reactions: 6 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Nicely done, looks great.

Reactions: 4 people

babyflumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
horrible disgusting filthy people and loads more.
You've actually inspired me to get one just like that about how diabetes and that and how I've somehow prove to be diabetic and fight for my life through medication xx

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brave girl, bloody hurt I have one tattoo on my arm remembering my mum rip. Shame it has to be about bloody diabetes though eh!!! But good on ya

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice.. Love the black & shade stuff..

Got a Giger'esq piece on my leg. But the rest of me oddly enough is still a blank canvas.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

You are right, it may save your life one day (if needed). I personally don't like tattoo's but my adult son has a lot and so does my adult daughter and my elderly dad when he was in WW11.
I saw a programme about tattooists last night and they fix bad tattoo's, OMG. One older man came in with his two grown up children and they were so embarrassed by the tattoo, on his back, it had to go, it was so disgusting and the man is ( or was ?) married too, :yuck::yuck: Not diabetes related.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brave girl, bloody hurt I have one tattoo on my arm remembering my mum rip. Shame it has to be about bloody diabetes though eh!!! But good on ya

My adult son has one on the side of his face and has been having this one removed with ongoing laser treatment. That side of his face swells up, including his eye area and it's incredibly painful :inpain::inpain: :wideyed:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've always wondered what possesses people to have tattoos on their face? I'm covered in tattoos but my face is a no go zone. I'm ugly enough as it is :D

I'm sure you are not ugly at all, never :stop: I think men tend do it more than women,that is only an obsevation and not from a pie chart lol ( he does regret the face one :inpain:) :oops:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The diabetic tatoo? Great idea

Anything else? No thank you.

The pain and then the cost of removal if you happen to change your mind is something I can live without

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting one for my birthday in June. I have a couple on my arms, (one of which I don't mind, one I don't like) but I don't regret them. I always said that when I had them done I would refuse to regret them as they are a sign of the path I have taken and part of my history.
The new one is going to be diabetic related and I'll post it up here in a couple of months when I've got it done...assuming it looks OK of course!

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
Nice design having read the topic of tattoo designs & what info to put with it :) not got one with that myself (yet!)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Will they know if you're a 1 or a 2?

Good point. From the Op's age and If found unconscious, I would of said Type 1, but any type, if on Insulin, should be visible.
I don't have any tattoo's, but a necklace says, I have diabetes, test my blood before treating me, cards in handbag and purse and a bracelet with type 1 on it, these have saved my life.

Edited to say, now teenagers are being diagnosed with type 2.