Regular moderate exercise log

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on new grandchild @scouse13

One of my colleagues is lending me a pedometer to see how I get on with - she's convinced I do more activity than I think just in the course of a day, and thinks I should record it.

Reactions: 3 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Yesterday 30 min run - Today nothing ( unless i can count hoovering/cleaning/polishing/washing up? lol ) ...But started my half marathon training tomorrow using the Ascis plan x

Reactions: 2 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Congratulations on new grandchild @scouse13

One of my colleagues is lending me a pedometer to see how I get on with - she's convinced I do more activity than I think just in the course of a day, and thinks I should record it.
If you have My Fitness Pal on your mobile phone it can be used as a pedometer if you just keep it in your pocket ( only found that out today! ) x

Reactions: 4 people

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have My Fitness Pal on your mobile phone it can be used as a pedometer if you just keep it in your pocket ( only found that out today! ) x

I just about manage texts and very occasional phone calls on my delightful little basic non-smart phone.

I work out my miles walked with the help of on-line maps and have a spreadsheet created to tell me all the interesting stuff like averages. I'm not that convinced me and a pedometer will get on but I'll give it a go.

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just about manage texts and very occasional phone calls on my delightful little basic non-smart phone.

I work out my miles walked with the help of on-line maps and have a spreadsheet created to tell me all the interesting stuff like averages. I'm not that convinced me and a pedometer will get on but I'll give it a go.
I think you'll like it, they are great little gadgets and very motivating! Fingers crossed for you x

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
24 lengths then a hypo. Bother! I know exactly why, though, thanks to my Libre - I'd bolused for my pre-swim porridge too early, so I didn't get the 'spike' that usually fuels my swim!

Oh the importance of timing........

Still, all fine now. Going to brave the gym again tomorrow - might have a go on one of those cross-trainer jobbies. Bit nervous, to be honest.

:)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Treadmill again this morning as nearly all the cross trainers were in use and I didn't want to be the new girl in a bunch of people who looked like they knew what they were doing!

Walked and ran (repeatedly) for about half an hour, then spent some time stretching. Got myself into a rather unladylike position doing some seated stretches at exactly the moment a couple of people appeared right in front of me in the mat area - so embarrassing! :joyful::nailbiting:

Enjoyed the running, although I'm too old for the rubbish they were playing on MTV. Need to bung some real music onto my phone.

Very very active rest of day - am cream crackered! Still, I'm getting fitter and enjoying it - so that can't be bad!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This is all so positive - I love it! Thinking of you guys as I go upstairs for half an hour pushups/situps/leglifts and criss trainer intervals. Feel we're all in it together. Happy!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Go for it, @LucySW !

Just waiting for my post-swim eggs to boil - 30 lengths this morning.

Not sure what exercise plans are afoot for the weekend as my bike developed a limp last Sunday.... might be a rainy walk instead!

Have a great day, all!

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Filmed my commute to work today, expected rain but kept dry in the morning.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
V, v cool, @qe5rt ! I have to admit I haven't watched the whole thing, but I feel I've just had a virtual bike ride by viewing the first 1min 17sec. Does that count as part of my exercise goal, I wonder?

Great video! Thanks for the inspiration!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wasn't going to go to the gym this morning - the pool is always packed on weekend mornings, and I'd run yesterday, so wasn't going to today - but I woke up early and thought 'why not?'.

Treadmill for about half an hour - and I really enjoyed it! I'm a new runner, and I find the first few minutes hard because of trying to find a rhythm, but once I found my stride it was great.

Did walking/running sequence again - and the running was in 5-minute chunks! Am making progress already. Stretched properly so I don't really hurt.

Have a great weekend, all!

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings all
So much fot exercise (this occaision any way).
2 hours in gym walkrd there and back. 3 hours gardening. Diet 'good boy status'.
FBG = 8.9 @ 0805.

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Hi, I cycle quite a bit. Last week I cycled over 80 miles (4 different rides 2 of them 30 miles long). Today I planned to do another 30 mile cycle ride. I could only manage 20. I'm also a lot slower than I was. I've been on the LCHF diet for 3 months (lost 4 kilos!:happy:) Do you think that is making cycling much harder? Or is it nothing to do with the diet? Can anyone help? :wideyed:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sunny, chatty, beautiful bluebell walk with m'best mate this morning.

PERFECT.

:happy:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all,
Lovely news Scouse13.
Not managed any formal ex this week, but have dismantled a double bed on my own and run round at kid's parties.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi, I cycle quite a bit. Last week I cycled over 80 miles (4 different rides 2 of them 30 miles long). Today I planned to do another 30 mile cycle ride. I could only manage 20. I'm also a lot slower than I was. I've been on the LCHF diet for 3 months (lost 4 kilos!:happy:) Do you think that is making cycling much harder? Or is it nothing to do with the diet? Can anyone help? :wideyed:
No idea is diet is to blame, but do know that some days are harder than others. Maybe try asking on the lchf forum?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
30 lengths of the pool this morning.

Bit frustrated - ran on 3 days last week - flat treadmill, straight line, not too fast, proper shoes that fit and support my feet - no problems.

Felt fine after Saturday morning's run, had a good stretch. Had a lovely walk Sunday morning, wearing my decent walking boots, no problem.

Then I did two hours of ironing last night - and my feel started to hurt in exactly the same places as when I injured them recently when I started running - which was on uneven, cambered road edges and pavements, and in shoes that weren't good enough.

Firstly I obviously need to give up ironing - but is my new running hobby already DOOMED?!

I hate to think I may have broken my feet AGAIN just when I'm loving, loving, loving running!

Sorry, this should really be on the Scream thread! Thanks for listening, fellow moderate exercisers! Might swim again tomorrow instead of the treadmill...

andyolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doctors telling me to take tablets
I try with a lot of success to visit the gym everyday. With mixture of cardio and weights. Aiming to burn 450 to 500cals. It is only an hour out of my day a d beats the Tele. Sunday morning gym afternoon digging allotment actually that felt a better workout. 1000m row, 30 situps, 15 pushups, 20 bike hill climb, 3 reps pullups, plus free weights. Feeling tired now. Anyway another 1/2hr on train then 1/2drive home, change then gym, oh walk dogs first around golf course. Worth every step keeps the weight off a d BS down.