S Coffee and Cream
Carbs 73g
Calories 1555

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: 120g Natural Yogurt (7.8 carbs, 98.4 calories).

Lunch: Chicken salad and a pear (15.78 carbs, 271.2 calories).

Evening Meal: Chicken in a red wine sauce with mashed potatoes, carrots and peas (24.8 carbs, 340 calories).

Add the suppertime Greek yogurt (6.5 carbs and 163 calories) and that'll be a daily total of 54.88 carbs and 872.6 calories.

Reactions: 2 people

sallyj123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
no breakfast
lunch 2 crackers with stilton
about 8 cups of tea with sweeteners through out the day and a couple of glasses of water
dinner poached smoked haddock butter beans and 2 poached eggs and a glass of wine:)

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
B: Greek yoghurt, berries, flax seed
L: Tinned tuna mixed with celery and apple, 2 x ryvita
D: Roast chicken salad

Spent the afternoon digging the garden over in the glorious April sunshine.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Can I drink coconut water? per 100mls:
0 fat
carbs 2.6g
of which sugars 2.5g
fibre 0.1g
protein 0.1

I've been looking longingly at the bottle in the fridge for 3 wks now! I used to drink loads of it, but wondered if a 100 ml glass would be ok

Millie_Tant_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: banana smoothie made with full fat milk, 2 very small bananas and 12 blueberries
Lunch: Smoked salmon, goat's cheese, rocket leaves and hummus
Dinner: Chicken, roast peppers and probably more hummus and rocket leaves
Snack: 1 medium apple and some cheddar cheese

I just hope I'm eating the correct sort of food. I know that bananas are high in carbs so I don't have them very often. Eagerly awaiting delivery of my blood glucose meter so that I can test away to see what suits and what I need to avoid.

LJRC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
tea, miserable people, swallowing large pills :)
Breakfast: banana smoothie made with full fat milk, 2 very small bananas and 12 blueberries
Lunch: Smoked salmon, goat's cheese, rocket leaves and hummus
Dinner: Chicken, roast peppers and probably more hummus and rocket leaves
Snack: 1 medium apple and some cheddar cheese

I just hope I'm eating the correct sort of food. I know that bananas are high in carbs so I don't have them very often. Eagerly awaiting delivery of my blood glucose meter so that I can test away to see what suits and what I need to avoid.

I was warned off Bananas because they are high in sugar.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: smoked salmon spinach poached eggs

L: scotch egg rocket tomatoes

D: Salmon broccoli - low carb biscuits and cheese

Readings in the 5's all day even after the Scotch Egg, haven't had one of those since diagnosis! Enjoyed it

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Real Coffee and double cream, but no food until 2pm, then 3 eggs fried in butter, a courgette, 3 tomatoes, some of the pink mushrooms I've recently grown, 4 spears of asparagus - and I cooked 4 rashers of streaky bacon - gave the dog one. It was totally YUM!

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning - Been a bit quiet of late... mostly because we've been in Portugal for a fortnight. Back in harness now though!

I'll note how well I've felt eating Portuguese bread - regional bread, well proved, gorgeous stuff. I've even ordered Great Bread from James Morton. Am determined (again) to start baking my own bread!

Apart from that... How much fish have I eaten? Squid, salmon (like massive steaks), cod, squid... Oh, how much gorgeous food! The supermarkets are simply superb. Fresh fish on the counters - fresh, live crab, clams, razor clams, mussels... Not to mention roasted suckling pig, the cheese (Oh.... the cheese), the wines and lets not mention the Sagres, eh?

As a really serious point, Contente show that you can have really good, no, Excellent quality fresh fruit, vegetables and meat that are not ridiculously expensive.

I'll stop ranting now... Cataplana... Fish kebabs.... black-pork kebabs... roast wild boar....

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: chicken

D: marinated pork

S: ham with periperi mayo, pepsi max, coffee n cream

DEANOdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
nothing had tummy upset , spent meal times on toilet great weight loss [lasted 3 days, now Friday had bana & musalie...yummy....

S

Sean01

Settling into a routine that is absolutely working for me.
Pre meal tests in the region of 5 -5.8 and post meal rarely above 7
Weight loss this week (so far) 4 lbs)
Strength (I measure everything as evidence of fat loss and muscles mass increase) I added 100lbs to the leg press and now leg press 850 lbs.
So here's what works for me
Breakfast: 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg - omlette, pan of baby tomatoes with garlic and black pepper. Black coffee.
Elevenses: low carb vegetable dish mainly green veg, tomatoes, beans with lots of chilli pepper, black tea
12/lunch: another omelette as above, black tea
3 p.m.: nuts, lots of nuts and cheese
6: another omlette as above with either tomatoes or veg
8-9: last protein meal of the day: fish/chicken/beef
snacks: cheese and black tea.
Yes its a lot of eggs. I have changed shape massively over the last 4-6 weeks. I'm ready to drop another waist size - now slimmer than I was on my wedding day nearly 19 years ago.
Blood pressure 109/72 - just done
Resting heart beat - normally around 57 but 72 just now - Busy doing house work
How do I feel - like I'm 35 again. I'll be 51 within the next fortnight.

I have a guy who supplies all my eggs. I don't find this diet boring. I understand how others might.
Nutritional value of eggs: look it up - the list is huge.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Made my first LCHF cauliflower cheese tonight - loved it!

Thank you @Lindy1706 for the recipe - just used cream, dash of mustard powder and grated cheese. I added bacon lardons, it was delicious! We ate around half, saving the rest for tomorrow. Think it will become a staple now

Looks marvellous Penfold. Will save a copy of that for tonight.

Reactions: 4 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Today I had coffee and cream during the day, about 3 or 4 cups, then Chicken wrapped in streaky bacon, with rosemary and knobs of butter, and a red onion cut into 1/8ths, then a creamy tomato & onion sauce poured over the top after about half an hour at 180C, cooked for another 20 or 30 mins - lovely. Only thing is the bacon wasn't crispy so I couldn't eat all of it, I gave it to the dog - who loves me!
Can't stand wibbly wobbly fat. Next time I'll crisp up the bacon separately and just cook the chicken in the sauce with crispy bacon on top at the end. Lost 4lb in 2 days. Most days I also have some nuts late in the evening, which varies from macadamia nuts to: brazils, pecans, walnuts, pine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, and a few pistacios now and then, I also have some cashew nuts but I try not to eat those very often as they are higher in carbs than the others.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Breakfast: olives, brie, manchego cheese, 4 baby tomatoes, drizzle Sicilian extra virgin olive oil. Black coffee from my Dolce Gusto machine, ignoring the cappuccino and chai tea latte pods :(
Lunch: grilled Portobello mushroom topped with 15g goat cheese, spring onion, pine nuts on a bed of mixed salad leaves, 3 more olives and baby tomatoes. Glass of water flavoured with fresh lemon and lime.
Tea: baked chicken breast with baked pepper and asparagus. Served with a sour cream and yogurt sauce, flavoured with white wine vinegar and dill. With toasted pine nuts.
That should be all for today.