starting newcastle diet on 2nd jan

spyder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone just starting out with the "Newcastle diet".... I started on Monday and it would be nice to have a buddy or two

pjvader

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i have scoured the net but can't find any other recepies other than the ones on the newcastle pdf, are there any others as i've been trying it but doubt i can live of stir fry's for 8 weeks (unfortunately i have a gag reflex for most vegetables!) could i do it and maybe one day a week eat a weight watchers ready meal as long as i stick under the calories? my doc/area doesn't have optifast so i have been using a combination of superdrugs own and "shake it slim" i aslo tried tescos own raspberry and it was one of the worst things i have ever tasted ;/ (maybe it's ok with milk?)

Muthathal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
It is good to hear of the positive results/changes of those following the Newcastle diet. I started on the 8 weeks blood sugar diet 6 weeks ago after hearing how effective it was from a friend. I have had mixed results myself. Some data about my diabetes and me
T2 diabetes for past 10 years and with my fasting blood glucose gradually have gone up and was 54 mol/ mol last November. On 1000mg metformin twice a day; on BP medication, one stent for angina last November ; on statin and asthma medication. Asian lady - ht 5 ft , wt last Nov 52.9kg.
Had fasting blood glucose level and cholesterol levels checked yesterday (6 weeks since start of diet) and have been following it closely give and take 800-900calories a day. Have lost weight steadily to 48.4kg. I walked 4-5 miles once a week and in addition exercise 1hr about 3 times a week. Feel better generally. But my greatest disappointment is my FBG level has only dropped by 4mmol ( now it is 50mmol/mol) after 6 weeks on the LCHF diet. But my cholesterol is down to 3.5 from 4.0mmol/l. I am not sure why my FBG level is stubbornly high whilst my weight is going down. Also my home monitoring blood glucose results since starting diet has been consistently 3.2-4.4 pre meal and 3.6-5.2 two hours after meals. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Sueannerey44

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi does anyone have a link to the Newcastle diet? I am prediabetic and do need to lose weight. The odds are not good for avoiding becoming type 2. Any info, diet plan, link would be most appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: