HELP! Vacation

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I was just wondering that what I do when I'm on holiday because right now I use pens and I really want to get a pump but they said I might not get it until after my holiday is quite a while away but I just wanted some tips on what to do on holiday for food and my blood sugars and if there's a faster way to get a pump please help me with some advise

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your post.

Doug

MasterDoctor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I know there is no faster way to get a pump - I had the same issue when I went skiing. As far as food goes, I use pens too and didn't really have an issue with my standard insulin dosages - Basically, for dosages, I just kind of went with what I figured from the food that arrived.

Edit: If you know what you're going to be doing, I.e Hiking or skiing, you can look up specific pages with recommendations as for what to do - for example, when you go skiing it is recommended to do one less unit to account for the skiing.

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @master Doctor that advise is really helpful especially because I'm going skiing on a school trip in the new year first time travelling without someone who knows what there doing with my diabetes