Need some advice please

Orlando00

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This morning I woke up with a bad migraine and vision problems, I'm sneezing a lot and always feel hot and sweating. I took my blood 2 hours after a pizza and it was 9.4, I then tested an hour later and it's gone to 10.4. I really don't feel that good and have taken about 5 paracetamols today along with my other tablets. I'm on diet and excercise although it's not going to well. I'm really worried about these high readings and just need advice.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Illness is going to push your blood glucose up @Orlando00 , they should settle down to their previous levels when you've recovered.

Pizza does have a fair few carbs in it though, and the cheese topping may well slow down the absorption rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What other tablets are you taking and what for? What diet are you following (I assume not low carb if you are eating pizza)?

Orlando00

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is the first time I've had pizza is 4 months. I'm on venlafaxine Effexor 225mg for OCD and clinical depression/anxiety. I'm on lyrica for sciatica and nerve pain, I don't have a diet at the moment.

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
illness will put your bg up to high levels as said above so will pizza. if levels remain high then see g.p Monday.

Orlando00

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wake up today and it was 6.8, by night time it was 8.4 and then never eat anything after it, now 11.30pm it's 11.7. I don't get it

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
What did you eat for dinner last night? Did the meal contain very many carbs?
Cheers