I cured my diabetes so anybody can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there
I been diagnosed last year type2 September 2015.

Now i am free from diabetes, and so happy and i want you to do same.

You just need willpower to avoid eating animal related food , say no to dairy , meat etc.

I was 104kg now i am 88kg , i ate plenty of fruits, vegetables, handfull of nets daily.
Vitamin d3 with k2.

Thats it , from last month my fasting sugar level is 4.8 to 5.3.
And after meal 5.8 to 6.5.
I just want to help people out there reading this.

Reactions: 2 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good for you but slow way down. Not all of us can control beta cell burn out and type 1 and to imply if we just do what you did and all would be well is ridiculous. Sorry but true. Some of us a,so can't live a vegetarian lifestyle.

Thanks for your thoughts and wish it was that easy for everyone. Glad you found your cure. Hope you never get to where some of us are. And oh, it's not our fault. We did t eat out why there, we just got dealt bad cards.

Wish you the best but you haven't saved the world of diabetes by a long shot. I think you have some research to do.

Reactions: 6 people

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
You may help some type 2 people but I'm afraid you cannot save the rest of us. You have treated the overweight type 2 with diet. I have no pancreas and weigh 63kg. I cannot reverse my diabetes.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Mhm...sure...

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
These people who have cured themselves and are "free from diabetes"...so, you can eat a pile of toast with cereal each morning now, spuds, pasta, pizza...sweeties even...and have no problems at all? Not sure..really...I think you will find, if you're being honest, that you have managed to get your blood sugars under control by sticking pretty rigidly to a limited diet...so have I..so have thousands...and I eat meat, plenty of it. Will power has not been required at all...it only took realisation and common sense, as it did to stop smoking after 30 years...I don't require will power (or a vegetarian diet) not to jump head-first off a skyscraper for a laugh either....I just do what needs done and avoid what clearly mucks me about. it's not amazing..and it's not magic..and I am not cured...I am careful.and healthier as a result. End of story...no book...no movie...just low carbs really.

Reactions: 20 people

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Easycure? Are you implying all of us don't have willpower? Kind of sounds like it. Have you read any of the posts? Those of us who have given up all kinds of carbs as well ass whatever foods raise our BS? Is that not will power in your mind? Some of us never weighed what you did. Some of us like our BS lower than 6.5. Persononly mine rarely goes over 5 so please don't insult us with lack of will power as well as needing to eat vegetarian. You need to research diabetes. If only it were so easy as you say.

I'm sure your heart is in the right place but your education is surely lacking.

Reactions: 4 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Sounds like someone's head is stuck in a very shaded area or their anatomy.:rolleyes:

I mean that sincerely as a vegetarian :couchpotato:

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't want to rain on your parade but it sounds to me like you have achieved what lots of other diabetics have and that is good blood sugar control, which is a world away from a cure.
My fasting blood sugar is consistently in the 4s and under 6 post meal but that's because I'm very careful what I eat: if I'm not it shoots up. Therefore, I consider myself well controlled and certainly not cured.

Have you passed an OGTT since your "cure"?

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You can only claim to have 'cured' your diabetes if you can now eat anything you want and your blood sugar stays in normal range no matter what you eat (and I'm not talking about your new diet... you should be able to eat lots of carbs, meat, dairy, etc.... with your sugar staying in 4-6 mmol range). Until you've accomplished that, you've got what is called good blood glucose control. Well done on that. :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can eat most things in moderation (rice is my nemesis), have an hba1c of 36 and a FBS between 4.3 and 5.3 but have been told once a "diabetic always a diabetic" by my DN - although I think this was an attempt to get me to take statins to lower my cholesterol to the NHS panacea for diabetics of under 4 from my level of 5.3!

Reactions: 7 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there

You just need willpower to avoid eating animal related food , say no to dairy , meat etc.

I was 104kg now i am 88kg , i ate plenty of fruits, vegetables, handfull of nets daily.
Vitamin d3 with k2.

Just wonder how you think recommending a vegetarian diet is going to cure all of us. Many on this group be they vegetarian or meat and dairy eaters maintain the same BG levels as you say you have and have their diabetes controlled but they know they still have diabetes

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sean01

Newbie and you're cured. Wowza. I was diagnosed in Oct 2015. My readings are very similar to yours. I'm not cured yet. maybe one day, but no way near it yet. Similarly, I haven't cured my hear attack, my IBS or my asthma. I've learned to CONTROL the symptoms.

As for eating loads of fruit...................... I would be inclined to take that with a pinch of salt. Your post reads like you have cured diabetes by loosing a few kilos whilst not eating a diabetes style diet. Quite remarkable.

Good luck to you, but move on with your eyes open.

Reactions: 12 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
@Diabetes easycure as a first time poster you should have chosen a wiser nick, may I suggest something like easy_soldier as you've only just won small battle, in what is most likely to be a very long war ahead of you, just like the rest of us, diabetes does not rest or sleep it will rumble on in the background, waiting for a chance to advance forward.

Again sincerely as a vegetarian and do check my Hba1c level in my signature.

I'm well controlled now, well within the non diabetic range, but in no way cured, just controlled.

Reactions: 5 people

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there

Vitamin d3 with k2.

What about your protein intake? No meat and no dairy means you will be lacking?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to point out to the LADAs and T1s who have commented that this was posted in a T2 area of the forum - so presumably aimed at T2s and not suggesting that T1s and LADA can be cured by this diet. Although I agree that it was badly phrased, and shows a lack of understanding.

Having said that, the idea that all T2s can be cured by dropping a few pounds and going veggie, stuffing fruit and taking a few vit supplements is frankly absurd. It will work for a minority and I envy anyone who finds it that easy, but I urge them to take great care - all that fruit is taxing their insulin capacity and encouraging insulin resistance, making them very likely to regain the weight. The resulting yoyo dieting is hard on the body, encourages a reduction in lean body mass followed by a tendency to regain fat with added insulin resistance, and every time we diet, it makes it harder in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Easycure...? If only it were that simple :rolleyes: But I applaud your efforts at control and your results :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now i am free from diabetes

Can you let us know what test your GP used to reach this conclusion ?

Can you expand on this. What exactly is wrong with eating"animal related food" and how does it impact Type 2 Diabetes ?

my fasting sugar level is 4.8 to 5.3.

Personally my levels average lower than that, but for me I am not free from Diabetes, and very much doubt I will ever be, even though my health is vastly improved from the date of my Diagnosis 12 months ago.

I admire your confidence, but would like to get answers to the animal related stuff ?

neety41

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
U cant cure diabetes! If ur pancreas isnt working as it should then it never will, u can control the sugars of course which is what u have done but u cannot cure the diabetes!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Maybe the OP's 'catchy thread title', is there to provoke an outcry of responses and this is his first post !!

Apologies in advance if this is completely wrong.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Maybe the OP's 'catchy thread title', is there to provoke an outcry of responses and this is his first post !!
I think it is more some one caught up in their own enthusiasm which has probably now taken a bit of a knock .

Status
Not open for further replies.