What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

tvgaye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just got a cheap spiraliser, so recently made the the courgette spaghetti for the first time. It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and it's weirdly fun to do! Then microwave, with no added water, for four minutes or so. Add a bit of butter, salt and pepper and it's delish. Even my other half, who hates courgettes, liked them with a tasty homemade Bolognese sauce.

Type 2 diagnosed end of Jan 2016 HbA1c 77
End March '16 lost 2 st on The Blood Sugar Diet HbA1c 65, better BP and Cholesterol 4.7.
No meds, still losing weight BSG up and down, hoping to reverse T2 on LCHF.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
More cauli tortillas today, only this time with chicken breast roasted in olive oil with rosemary and garlic

Question - I do have problems with these tortillas sticking. I use non-stick baking paper which I wipe with a little olive oil, but it's still a pain getting the tortillas off. Any advice?

Reactions: 4 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I found low carb ice cream today in Waitrose per 2 scoops it is 7.8g of carbs - I can cope with that for an occasional treat. Not sure if I'll try it today, we had snow in London today ... but have high expectations!

821868699643be4fadfd6ba3b8bde19f.jpg

D

debrasue

My local fishmonger has started me on Organic Farmed Salmon, it is much lighter in colour, softer and has much more flavour.

Today has been a bitty day as I have been in and out of meetings for most of it.

Brunch: Serano Ham And Gouda cheese eaten on the motorway from my mobile snack pack!

Dinner: Lamb steaks marinated In olive oil, Rosemary And mint which will be cooked on the griddle. Greek salad of cucumber, tomato, onion And flat leaf parsley, with lots of olive oil, feta cheese and homemade Tzatiki (Pita bread for the non diabetic Husband!).
As you're 'doing Greek' tonight, have you tried the lamb with a splash of lime juice on it - it's delicious!

D

debrasue

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: the eternally delicious coffeencream :)
L: guacamole on a lidl roll
D: beef mince and red cabbage (aka crackslaw), cauliflower rice with garlic and herb cream cheese, 2 onion bhajis. Godivas to follow.

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3xBacon Sarnie on LivLife with Tea
L: Bit of Cheese on 3 crackers with Branston
D: Pork Fillet in a Red Wine Sauce, with Brocolli, Cauliflower, Cabbage and 3 sugar snaps.
Pudd could well be Frozen Summer Fruits, with 2 squares melted 85% and double cream......

D

debrasue

B: Coffee with lacto-free milk
L: Gluten-free crackers & lacto-free cheese; coyo and frozen black cherries (stir it up and it turns into icecream - just what you need when it's tossing it down with hail & snow outside!)
D (will be): Ham & cheese omelette, mixed salad, home-made gluten-free seeded bread
S: A slice of cheese bread, and a Lemon Meringue (been baking again today and had to sample the fruits of my labours)

I still don't know if this lacto-free and low dairy regime is doing any good. Trouble is, the arthritis still hurts but I can't quite remember how much it was hurting before I started on LCHF, so I can't tell if it's doing any good! Oh well, I'll have to keep going for a week or so until it's all gone... Humph... :grumpy:

Reactions: 2 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Lidl roll and lemon curd
L: Was on a training course (fabulous day cooking and gardening. Beats teaching:p) so lunch options didn't really embrace LCHF and I didn't take my own which was foolish but hey ho! Sandwiches, salmon fish fingers, almond slice
D: more sausage and mushrooms in cream and mustard sauce, celeriac rosti

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Just been reading about the coyo yogurt debrasue, will have to try this I love yogurt , had Alpro almond or coconut / Greek Turkish yogurt from lidl is delicious, now been having greek yogurt low fat coconut and vanilla in small pots. :)

Reactions: 3 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
BG reading before breakfast this morning 5.4
B 2 slices of Hovis 5 seeded brown bread [ toasted] with butter cinnamon and peanut butter
L 4 Jacobs Tapas Crackers Leek and Onion with light cheddar cheese / 4 pieces of yellow melon
S 2 sugar free butterscotch toffees [ fron Aldi]
D Tuna salad with mayo / zero coke
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 4.6 :happy::happy:

D

debrasue

BG reading before breakfast this morning 5.4
B 2 slices of Hovis 5 seeded brown bread [ toasted] with butter cinnamon and peanut butter
L 4 Jacobs Tapas Crackers Leek and Onion with light cheddar cheese / 4 pieces of yellow melon
S 2 sugar free butterscotch toffees [ fron Aldi]
D Tuna salad with mayo / zero coke
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 4.6 :happy::happy:
Nice numbers there, Arlene! Well done. :playful:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Nice numbers there, Arlene! Well done. :playful:
Thank you so much, I am happy with this as the last few weeks have been up and down like a yo yo from 4s to 6, after meals seems to be consistant this week so must be doing something right. I find when I eat salads my readings are lower, but I can not live on salads all the time I am not that into salads a lot. Going to go and get some of the coyo yogurt you mentioned. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I work nights so I had some lentil soup 04.00
Whole meal slice of toast 08.00
Tea steak and small salad
Yogurt 1900
Learning at moment

Reactions: 6 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk
L: tomato soup with Greek yoghurt
S: pork scratching
D: chicken and leek crust (reduced at supermarket ), Cauli cheese LCHF, asparagus - and some oppo ice cream (low carb and tasty)

Highest reading post swim 6.9 but then 5s, and a 4.6 two hours after dinner! Yay!

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Yesterday:
Breakfast, Greek Yoghurt with chia seeds, flax powder, walnuts and dried berries
Lunch: Supermarket Salad, (spicy chicken and peperdew peppers)
afternoon snack: apple
Tea: Cheese and Apple salad, greek yoghurt, small pack of melon slices, half a bottle of red wine

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
B: Scrambled egg, Oopsie roll
L: Corned beef, tomato, Oopsie roll; raspberries & cream
D (will be): Chicken & vegetables topped with celeriac & cauliflower mash with cheese
S: Pink grapefruit
Carbs: 38.3
hi the corned beef you eat ...is it bought or home made .....thank you