ooh how did that happen ?

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like milk chocolate any more !!! That's something I never believed I would ever say.
I'm amazed, I used to be a real chocoholic but after nearly 2 years on LCHF and only having the tiniest piece of dark chocolate, it has happened.
Only discovered this when I won a huge Thorntons easter egg... Ignored it for ages and then hubby opened it and I thought I'll try a tiny piece... yuk ! when was chocolate sooo sweet ??

Reactions: 10 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lucky you! 20 months in and I could still happily scoff it all in one go!!!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't it amazing? I am the same.
Milk choc is just sickly-tasteless now, but I loooooveeeee the 70%+ stuff. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yuk ! when was chocolate sooo sweet ??
When you finally end up with new sophisticated "low carb" trained taste buds !!

It can come as a big shock though can't it when previously normal sugary treats become sicky revoltingly sweet ones.:eek::eek: I can enjoy Lindt 85% dark choc now but still find the 90% stuff too bitter.

Robbity

Reactions: 5 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It can come as a big shock though can't it when previously normal sugary treats become sicky revoltingly sweet ones.:eek::eek: I can enjoy Lindt 85% dark choc now but still find the 90% stuff too bitter.
Just checked and yes all the Lindt 90% chocolate has gone, wife must have eaten it.

Reactions: 2 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I made some custard last night for pudding, not had pudding for a long time. I used 8 egg yolks, 300 mls full leaded milk and the same double cream. The recipe stated 75g sugar, but I only used 20g. It still tasted far too sweet ( I used to love it before) so tonight making another batch for grandson as he said it was the best he'd ever tasted! But this time will only use 10g sugar

I love 90% chocolate, but sadly I can't get it in any of the local shops and I've only 2 squares left, I have 1/2 sq a day if I want a treat.

Reactions: 3 people