Forxiga

I was prescribed Forxiga in November - I inject Levemir at night (currently 24 units) and I wanted to reduce it as I think it's making me gain weight around my middle. At first, it went well - apart from the raging thirst and constant need to pee (which I found a little odd as my diet is not heavy in carbs) and the sugar control was good. Over Christmas I started to feel very low and I just thought it was due to work pressures. It got worse and I saw my doctor last week. He said he wanted to make sure that it wasn't the Forxiga causing the depression and suggested I come off it for a while to see. I remember feeling the same when on Avandia. It's been 9 days now and the depression is definitely lifting - of course it could just be coincidence - it might have lifted now regardless. But I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar symptoms on this drug? My doctor said it isn't listed as a side effect but as it's a new drug, he wanted to rule it out before prescribing anti-depressants.

zafaryusaf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there
Not sure about depression but I have aching bones, my left knee aches and is rather stiff and worse still my right shoulder is aching. I am considering going off the medication for a few weeks did anyone else have a similar experience? I can tell if I have a lot of sugar in the urine by the smell when you go to toilet. I am aware I have to drink a lot more water taking this medication.

Orkney 1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I started on forxiga in November 2015 and I felt dreadful for the first 2 weeks, then I noticed that the sickness and dizziness subsided but over the next couple of months I go agitated an depressed which was not me so after 3 months on this drug I spoke to my diabetic nurse and she advised me to stop taking it but made no suggestion as what to replace it, so now I feel a lot better but I am struggling to keep the sugars low but she says I will be alright till my next appointment in AUGUST. Diabetes may be on the rise but the care is on a downward slope.