D: Chilli Con-Carne with cauliflower rice

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
A green tea with lemon - yuk! Horrible stuff.

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast of coffee - I love fresh ground coffee in the morning.
Lunch - Goats cheese salad, with beetroot and a chunk of granary bread
Supper - Pearl barley, sea-food and leek risotto and pan fried sea bass. Wine

Am feeling full after lunch - still! Need to have a bit of a stroll when I get back home.

Drinking water and working spreadsheets hard!!!

Our youngest turns 8 today, and MUST stay away from the Birthday treats at home!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well ended up having breakfast at the volunteer cafe at Kingsmill hospital only thing that wasn't to horrendous was a tray with two mini bread buns with tuna a few grapes and about a dozen crisps in it I ate a bun with tuna a few of the grapes and daughter and wife who happened to walk past had the rest and I also had a cup of lemon and ginger tea no milk or sweetener.

Lunch was a small bowl of green thai chicken and noodle soup.

And Dinner was an Asda's good and counted chicken and grilled vegetable sizzler.

And some where in there I should add that we where detoured while driving daughter to near by town into the car park of the local MacDonald's where some local thugs forced a cheese burger on me, the Swines may God forgive them.

Any way that's it.

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's Birthday season here at work... I am RESISTING (G-NNNNRGH) the call of gorgeous looking cakes in the kitchen. Am trying to stick to water. Thing is, water just is not chocolate cake...

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee with cream (gave up on the green lemon tea) and 3 baby cherry toms.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Yesterday:
B. Glass of lemon and lime flavoured water (homemade)

11am espresso coffee x 2

L. Cold chicken drumstick and a piece of brie

T. Chicken drumstick (left overs from daughter's birthday picnic tea in her nearly finished new house kitchen!) then a bowl of homemade custard with 8 egg yolks, 300 mls double cream and 300mls whole milk, 20g sugar (instead of the 75g in recipe) The custard was divided into 3 I also had a dollop of extra thick double cream instead of a banana! Grandson (biggest one in the photo) stayed for the night and he said the custard was the best he'd ever tasted, so have to make more today! Will try 10g of sugar today.

1/2 square of 90% chocolate as a treat.

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
2 sausages about 8 cherry toms and a handful of salad leaves with balsamic dressing... well, I say 'dressing' but what I really mean is I was too lazy to mix the olive oil, salt, pepper and balsamic cider vinegar, so I just poured a dribble of oil and vinegar over the leaves and added salt and pepper... tasted just fine.

Reactions: 2 people

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B cottage cheese cucumber and salmon
D egg n bacon
Tea kebab meat lettuce then yogurt
Blood sugars 8.2

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went out to eat tonight, not something I've been doing so much recently. Restaurant was super helpful when I told them I didn't eat carbs due to my diabetes. Excellent asparagus - then Calves Liver and Bacon All good, and a glass of red! Couldn't test myself as at theatre to see Sunset Boulevard, will do when home but maybe 3 hours later is pointless testing? Will be interesting to see FBG tomorrow .....

S

Sean01

Sunday: bacon! With the obligatory 6 egg white (one yolk) omelette. That was at 6 a.m. Off to the gym shortly (10 ish)
Post work out snack - as above but without the bacon.
Lunch - Roast beef and a few leeks - no spuds or yorkshire puddings - maybe just one tiny one!!
Evening: omelette as above
Dinner: omelette and extremely likely: 95% chocolate - 2 squares
Snacks: cheese
Lots of water and black coffee

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
At this rate @Sean01 poultry farmers will start delivering to you :) Mike :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First baking since diagnosed in January 2016. Lemon cake - made with ground almonds and soy flour. So happy to use my Kitchen Aid received for Christmas before I was diagnosed!!

And it is very tasty. It actually rose more than expected, was pretty light when eaten - really enjoyed it, will make again - just have to try not to eat too much now!

fcd8516cdf2bd43c874c4402dece7cd0.jpg

cd932916e691859100d62fe294c3c795.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just sitting here wondering what to have for breakfast. Not hungry, but onto second cup of coffee. I think I'll just have a slice of apple with peanut butter - yes that's it! I'm off to a presentation at the local hospital that's being organised by a Diabetes Trust. The topic is 'Diabetes and Kidney Health' Right now my main concern is that my liver doesn't dump on me. Better get that apple ...

Reactions: 3 people

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
first go at this
b-1 slice of Low GI bread and a slice of Gammon
L- 2 chicken drumsticks and few olives and a pickeled salad
D- Hopefully Cod and Vegtables and a Jelly (Sugar free)

Ive had a good weekend following a blip on Friday where i was forced(Lol) to eat a battered fish while out and didnt want to offend BS went above 10, 2 hours later, most of the weekend ive been around 4-7 with good choices and exercise.
See Doctor on Thursday again

Mickyb0703

Type of diabetes
Type 2
First baking since diagnosed in January 2016. Lemon cake - made with ground almonds and soy flour. So happy to use my Kitchen Aid received for Christmas before I was diagnosed!!

And it is very tasty. It actually rose more than expected, was pretty light when eaten - really enjoyed it, will make again - just have to try not to eat too much now!

fcd8516cdf2bd43c874c4402dece7cd0.jpg

cd932916e691859100d62fe294c3c795.jpg
looks wonderful