Salad Dressing

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
I live in the UK can anyone recommend a shop bought low carb salad dressing please. Thanks

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Garlic olive oil and sea salt.

For creamy mix mustard and mayo.

All shop bought I have seen have lots of nasties even though low carb.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try some greek yogurt, I use that with some salt and pepper, I get an indian spice called chat masala, if you have an indian store near you try that, thats my everyday salad and its a little tangy.
I am sorry I realised it later that you are looking for store bought but this one I suggested is basically nothing to do and probably better than store bought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Thanks for your replies but I was looking for a recommendation for a supermarket or other Uk outlet I could buy a low carb dressing from already in the bottle , dioch

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I never buy shop bought salad dressing as mentioned above they have emulsifiers and all sorts of strange sounding ingredients. My technique is a bit technical, I put some olive oil and raw cider vinegar in an old jar, add seasoning and herbs and give it a shake. Not for everyone but is very easy and works for me.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I never buy shop bought salad dressing as mentioned above they have emulsifiers and all sorts of strange sounding ingredients. My technique is a bit technical, I put some olive oil and raw cider vinegar in an old jar, add seasoning and herbs and give it a shake. Not for everyone but is very easy and works for me.

I don't even bother with the jar, I just use oil sea salt and herbs and toss.
Lately I have enjoyed mayo and horseradish. This I do mix first but a nice change of pace. Good as a sauce on meats fish and poultry. Had it on my lamb chop last night. Might have to do it again tonight haha

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Viv0147 - Why not make your own? I do. This vinaigrette may lower blood sugar by as much as 30%.
I use White Wine Vinegar mixed with Olive Oil and squeeze of Lemon Juice and drizzle over salad.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your replies but I was looking for a recommendation for a supermarket or other Uk outlet I could buy a low carb dressing from already in the bottle , dioch
But why?

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you really must buy ready mixed, Lidl do a Extra Virgin Olive oil with basalmic vinegar under their "deluxe" banner
The label on the back reads
Ingredients:
79% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
21% Basalmic Vinegar of Modena PGI
White Wine Vinegar
Potassium Metabisulphate
Sulphite Ammonia Caramel

10grams of carbs per 100ml, come in a 125ml bottle
Cant remember the price, I bought one for the bottle, and now mix my own dressings in it

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

All supermarkets sell Hellmanns Real Mayonaise. Its what I use daily, by the tablespoons full.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like Hellmanns real mayonnaise too, but will also mix sour cream or greek yoghurt with salt, pepper, and a bit of mustard, tomato paste, or fresh (whenever possible) herbs , e.g. chopped chives or dill. I'll sometimes use just neat olive or walnut oil over salad leaves, or the left over liquid containing herby, garlicy bits from one of my jars of olives. Tinned crab get the sour cream with lime juice, paprika, chopped coriander and a few capers.

The sour cream/yoghurt options also get warmed up a little to go with some of my hot meals.

Robbity

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hellmanns it great but I found a new one called JustMayo by joy. Not sure if you have it there. It nonGMO expeller pressed canola oil with no preservative. Gluten, dairy and egg free. Delish. Very creamy. I too use it by the tablespoon. Vinegar does help lower bs and helps with digestion. I love mayo mixed with mustard or horseradish rather than just plain vinegar. Balsamic shoots me up too far. Too bad because there's some great balsamics.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Stokes Mayonnaise is pretty good, 1.6g of carb per 100g, but quite dear. Waitrose sells it. Their Horseradish Sauce is the best IN THE WORLD.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Incidentally, if anyone is going to France anytime soon, can I recommend you seek out and fill your luggage with Benedicta mayonnaise, it's lovely and mustardy and all my extended family can never get enough of it.