2015/16 Football Season

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
First time on the footy forum :)
A massive well done to the Mighty Palace in making it to the final and setting up a 1990 re-match of the epic final that finished 3-3 when a certain Mr. Ferguson was hanging on to his job and needing silverware to stave off the impending P45 !! The rest, as they say, is history. Sounding familiar LVG ?
Had a great day at Wembley and will be flying back from a golfing holiday to attend the final, and flying back out the next day. Has to be done as we only get there every 26 years :)
Loved getting to Selhurst, after travelling through that there London!
My youngest was mascot for Rovers, back when the legend that is Steve Coppell ran the club. He took time out to look after us and the signed programme is pride of place in my lads sitting room framed with the photo of the captain's and officials.
What a gentleman Mr Coppell is!
The other time was in the league cup and went to penalties after extra time.
Most of our lads didn't make the train back. Glad I was on the supporters coach.

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
First time on the footy forum :)
A massive well done to the Mighty Palace in making it to the final and setting up a 1990 re-match of the epic final that finished 3-3 when a certain Mr. Ferguson was hanging on to his job and needing silverware to stave off the impending P45 !! The rest, as they say, is history. Sounding familiar LVG ?
Had a great day at Wembley and will be flying back from a golfing holiday to attend the final, and flying back out the next day. Has to be done as we only get there every 26 years :)

Welcome Dazzy D hope you enjoy posting here :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Big final day for Rovers, have to win and hope Altrincham beat Braintree, just to get in playoffs! Gonna be nervous! Late kick off and live feeds on BT sport.
Hope everyone's team do well tomorrow.

My youth won tonight 4-1. A good end of the season result.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Big final day for Rovers, have to win and hope Altrincham beat Braintree, just to get in playoffs! Gonna be nervous! Late kick off and live feeds on BT sport.
Hope everyone's team do well tomorrow.

My youth won tonight 4-1. A good end of the season result.
Pleased for your youth team nosher
Good luck tomorrow for Tranny come back to where you belong the FL

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We're at home to high flying Oxford in our final home game and after the match there's a group of us going out in Carlisle for a razz up

Reactions: 3 people

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
Yes Cumberland you should watch who you are calling scum, I am united through and through and do not enjoy being called names by the likes of you, I feel sorry for all you so called fans who are so jealous of MY teams success over the years, you will never achieve it so learn to live with it.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes Cumberland you should watch who you are calling scum, I am united through and through and do not enjoy being called names by the likes of you, I feel sorry for all you so called fans who are so jealous of MY teams success over the years, you will never achieve it so learn to live with it.

Woah a bit strong Maisey its only in jest you know. I dont like Man United either im assuming thats who you are meaning.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok well the last away game for us and its at Bristol City. Would be nice to get a win and move up the table a little bit depending on the results around us. But theres no pressure so ill take any result today and next week.

Last chance saloon for Tranmere i really hope they make it good luck Nosher :)

Enjoy the final game Cumberland. at least you arent going anywhere up or down wise. Like us its just a kick about. :D
Speaking of kick abouts i wonder what our pre season friendlies will look like this time. But before that id better slow down and let Mr Wagner build a team a team that will be capable of taking us higher up that table cos the one we got at the moment has been a bit of a shambles. Deano has given him the assurance of money and full backing sounds promising. UTT

Good Luck everyone enjoy the final game or penultimate game in the case of the Championship. :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you look a few posts up I clarified my position about Man U
I said it was not aimed at supporters but at the club
I won't apologise for my dislike of Man U it's like marmite love it or hate it
I certainly would never call any supporter scum and did not know you supported Man U until I saw this post

I'm not jealous of Man U in fact if they were the last remaining English club playing in European competition I would be rooting for them to win

Regards

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck to everyone this weekend, particularly Tranmere and the Terriers :).

We've got Citeh at St Mary's, tomorrow. Hmmmmm :eek:.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I certainly would never call any supporter scum and did not know you supported Man U until I saw this post

I'm not jealous of Man U in fact if they were the last remaining English club playing in European competition I would be rooting for them to win

Regards
As you may know, Saints are referred to as "The Scummers" by Pompey supporters.

I wear my badge with pride :D

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good luck to Workington Reds who play at Salford in the Northern Prem play off final
Salford will start as firm favourites with home advantage
It has been a very competitive league this season with some good teams like Darlo as champions (good to see them recovering) Salford and Blyth Spartans who have had. FA cup success and Workington Reds an ex league club fallen on hard times

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
As you may know, Saints are referred to as "The Scummers" by Pompey supporters.

I wear my badge with pride :D
You have had a good season
Portsmouth were my bet for L2 champions at start of the season was wrong with Man City for Prem, Derby for Champ, I had Wigan for L1 and Pompey L2

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

You have to remember its the supporters that make a club @Cumberland, there's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly rivalry but when you resort to using offensive language like 'scum' it just brings the sport into disrepute IMHO.

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff City on now. Hoping for a Cardiff win today. Also flicking between the judgement day rugby in Cardiff.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just wondering if the goalposts (yeh sorry about that) have been moved? The original thread

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/2014-15-football-season.62652/ by semiphonic (miss you Steve)

was approved by the powers that be and the OP said "Banter is not only expected but positively encouraged, but, let's keep it in the spirit of the forum and make sure that it is not personal, nasty or downright rude." Open to interpretation I suppose.

That's been taken as read by most of us oldie posters on this thread, but now it seems we have to be PC footie supporters (like that's gonna happen:rolleyes:) I'm not referring to the post no 1676 as I believe that the poster is talking generally, not particularly about this thread. But lads, footie wouldn't be footie without the banter. Where would @johnboy412000 be if he couldn't call us Leeds fans scum huh? ;)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm just wondering if the goalposts (yeh sorry about that) have been moved? The original thread

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/2014-15-football-season.62652/ by semiphonic (miss you Steve)

was approved by the powers that be and the OP said "Banter is not only expected but positively encouraged, but, let's keep it in the spirit of the forum and make sure that it is not personal, nasty or downright rude." Open to interpretation I suppose.

That's been taken as read by most of us oldie posters on this thread, but now it seems we have to be PC footie supporters (like that's gonna happen:rolleyes:) I'm not referring to the post no 1676 as I believe that the poster is talking generally, not particularly about this thread. But lads, footie wouldn't be footie without the banter. Where would @johnboy412000 be if he couldn't call us Leeds fans scum huh? ;)

Yeah we will always call you Leeds much worse than that ask any Town fan :D:D:D