What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Two boiled eggs with butter
L: left over home made burgers with salad, sour gerkins, cheddar and mayo
D: will be Chicken Thighs roasted in herby Duck Fat, salad leaves, feta cheese and some garlic mayo

Reactions: 7 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B: 2 pints of water & a Matcha green tea & mineral supplements (slow mag, d3, fish oil & multi vit and 1 metformin)
L:4 streaky bacon, 2 egg cheesey omelette in butter (more water) a tbsp of cocunut cream
D: Low carb pizza from DietDoc (every Friday dinner, feels like a treat) few berries with cream and more water

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Walnuts, yoghurt and passion fruit
11: Black coffee
L: a mix of celery, olives, feta, garlic, avocado, hummus and VOO to mix
14: expresso and square of 90%
D: Haddock coated in ground almonds fried in butter, salad of rocket, watercress, avocado, radishes and lashings of VOO, sauerkraut.

Reactions: 3 people
D

debrasue

B: 2 boiled eggs, Sukrin low-carb roll
L: Gluten-free crackers & cheese; coyo & raspberries
D (will be): Roasted salmon, mixed salad, celeriac boulangere
S: 8 squares of Chocologic sugar-free dark chocolate (I have placed the rest in a locked, steel-lined box and swallowed the key)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I don't think my experiment with having some tongue before bed worked. FBG 11.6 :(. However woke up at 2am in agony and proceeded to throw up. Feel ok now apart from the chronic pain( I think it was this that made me sick).
B: water.
L:water.
D: two ryvita, water.
May try something else later, would love a cuppa.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: breakfast at the new posh cafe they have added to our local Tescos. Had to be done. Scram egg, bacon and a spoon of their 'hash'. This was intended to be a comparison test to compare my 'hash reaction' at Tescos with my nonexistant 'hash reaction' at the other Brekkie place we go. Only problem, I forgot to test :banghead:. Been wearing a Libre sensor the last 2 weeks, and have totally lost the habit of carrying my meter. Most dis-chuffed.
Only consolation is that I wasn't impressed with the hash at all, and probably wouldn't be interested in eating it again, no matter how wonderful the bg results had been! :D
very good coffee though. with cream. v impressed at that.
L: not needed
D: will be pulled pork, lots of greenery, and followed by a coyo and berries. or berries and cream. Not yet decided.

Reactions: 11 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Bacon & Cheese Sandwich (LivLife) Coffee and Cream
L: Mattesons Meteors (at Paddington Stn)
D: Baked Cod Loin with a Chorizo & Tomato sauce, Pea Purée, Asparagus, Green Beans and a shared bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

I need a pudd, so will decide later.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Lidl roll, lemon curd
L: egg mayo, rocket
D: duck breast, creamed cabbage with almonds; glass of red. May have some peanut butter 'fudge' with choc chips later.

D

debrasue

B: Lidl roll, lemon curd
L: egg mayo, rocket
D: duck breast, creamed cabbage with almonds; glass of red. May have some peanut butter 'fudge' with choc chips later.
Could you elaborate on the creamed cabbage with almonds, and the peanut butter "fudge" please @Mongolia ?

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you elaborate on the creamed cabbage with almonds, and the peanut butter "fudge" please @Mongolia ?
For creamed cabbage simply shred and boil cabbage until cooked, drain and dry, add double cream, toasted almonds and anything else you fancy. I have added cooked bacon and at Christmas added some fresh cranberries.
For peanut butter fudge, put 1tbsp of peanut butter into a dish with 2tbsp double cream and mix. It will all combine and thicken. I also add some dark choc chips. Very quick and easy with ingredients I always have in the house, so good emergency pudding!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled eggs
S: cheese sandwich with livlove bread
L: can't remember - maybe just some cooked meat
S: coyo chocolate! First time, nice - but I think vanilla better
D: Cook Chicken Korma, not bad tasting and low carbs - cheese biscuits and

4.7 two hours later so that's ok

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi, Jojo!
Well, I've only been doing this since the beginning of March, but my BGs started falling straight away with LCHF and they are now consistently in the 'normal' range so I guess I must be doing something right!
I eat any sort of meat, including the deli offerings, as long as they don't contain lots of cereal (like luncheon meat). So ham, chicken, roast beef, roast pork, turkey, salami, corned beef etc all seem fine. Any sort of fish or seafood is good, too. I also eat eggs, virtually any sort of cheese, cream etc. but I am experimenting with lacto-free and dairy-free at the moment, because I think it may be aggravating my arthritis (although it may not be - I can't decide yet!).
Any sort of above-the-ground vegetables are great, but I check the carbs in fruit because fructose (fruit sugar) can bump up the numbers. Berries seem to be the best.
So cooking for your husband should be relatively easy - more or less any sort of meat - hot or cold - and heaps of veg or salad, followed by cheese and low-carb/gluten-free crackers, or fruit and natural yoghurt. (Coyo coconut yoghurt is totally gorgeous!) When you're ready to start baking, there are some really good recipes on the Low Carb forum on this website and also on here: http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/#uds-search-results
I hope this helps! :)
Hi debrasue, Liked your post seems we eat and like the same food. I eat cooked ham etc; doesn't seem to do me any harm, and I love yogurt not tried the coyo one yet, Aldi have a new coconut greek yogurt just out nice and thick and creamy, I have to be careful though I could eat a full pot. :eek:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Coffee dash Milk
B Bacon Egg and Tomato
S Peanuts
L Chicken Wings ( had an office lunch they ordered in about 20 pizzas I requested the chicken wings which were great but the pizza looked fantastic)
S Peanuts
D Grilled Fish

Carbs 38g

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been silly. Ate bacon egg n asparagus b
Salami cottage cheese n d
Salmon n cauliflower t
Then went out n had 6 glasses of wine
Blood sugar 12 what do I do exercise I think

D

debrasue

For creamed cabbage simply shred and boil cabbage until cooked, drain and dry, add double cream, toasted almonds and anything else you fancy. I have added cooked bacon and at Christmas added some fresh cranberries.
For peanut butter fudge, put 1tbsp of peanut butter into a dish with 2tbsp double cream and mix. It will all combine and thicken. I also add some dark choc chips. Very quick and easy with ingredients I always have in the house, so good emergency pudding!
Delish! Thanks x

D

debrasue

Hi debrasue, Liked your post seems we eat and like the same food. I eat cooked ham etc; doesn't seem to do me any harm, and I love yogurt not tried the coyo one yet, Aldi have a new coconut greek yogurt just out nice and thick and creamy, I have to be careful though I could eat a full pot. :eek:
Yep - I'm exactly the same with the Coyo. It sounds as if they are pretty much the same. Coyo is very expensive though - about £3.50 for a 250g pot. Is the Aldi one any cheaper?

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms, 1 slice hi/lo toast
L: baked avocado with tuna mayo
D: prawn coconut curry with courgetti. Would be better with cauli mash as lots of liquidy sauce that isn't soaked up by courgetti.

S: stopped off on way home at a café for a coffee and read of book. Ended up also having enormous slice of choc cake :oops: Was slightly worrying to be very aware of very fast heart beat almost instantly. Checked Fitbit and heart rate was 130bpm!! Certainly wasn't because I was running around doing lots of exercise!:***: Couldn't concentrate on reading book either. Won't be doing that again.