Could my daughter have it?

Sloaner92

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have Type 2 and for a while I have thought my three year out might be diabetic due to her constantly being thirsty, always needing the toilet, looking really thin and pale etc. I decided to test her blood sugar (don't worry, she said she wanted to) and it was 7.1 after her dinner. Is this high? Or am I just overthinking?
Thanks

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're at all worried, take her to the doctor. It's always best to,check, especially with a young child.

Has she actually lost weight?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long after dinner were you testing? I think 7.1 after eating isn't high at all, it's normal. But my reference point are adults.

If you are worried, take her for a check up with your GP - especially if she's looking run down etc, it could be a UTI possibly? So maybe take a urine sample.

Reactions: 2 people

MasterDoctor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long after dinner were you testing? I think 7.1 after eating isn't high at all, it's normal. But my reference point are adults.

If you are worried, take her for a check up with your GP - especially if she's looking run down etc, it could be a UTI possibly? So maybe take a urine sample.
Well, out of interest I checked my friend and they were about that after eating so I think it might be ok.