Whats Happening?

TracyA

Dislikes
Liars and ignorant people.
After thinking my Diabetes was under control,I was so so stupid and treated myself to about 6 segments of Terrys chocolate orange tonight.I did my b/s and they had shot upto 13,but after my tea and evening medication,they seemed to settle at 9.I had just gone upto bed when I suddenly needed to be sick,I was hot and shaky,and generally felt unwell,being sick a further 2 times.I thoughtmy b/s were up so did them and I am at 5,I have NEVER been at 5 since diagnosis in October.i thought 5 was a good reading,so why the helldo i feel so poorly?Im so worried,im in tears.Everyones sleeping and Im sat here alone so worried. :cry:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tracey - fairly new to this myself so no expert but you sound so worried :)
not sure if you are T1 or 2 - I am T2 so my advice comes from that angle

If 5 is the lowest yoy have ever been it sounds to me like you are experiencing a false hypo -because you have never been as low as this your body thinks you are having a hypo so you get all the symptoms - I remeber my first one was at 4.9 - I felt really awful shaking sweaty and sickly - I was due my lunch so I just ate and after about 20 minutes felt better.

try a carby snack - not loads just maybe a couple of crackers or something you should start to feel better soon- hope this helps and maybe someone else with a lot more knowledge than me will come along with more help :0)

Try not to worry - at least you know you have hypo awareness and how one feels - oh and 5 is a great reading! :D - wish I could get that after choc :lol:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry just saw status T2 and your meds at bottom of your sig - duh :roll:

As you are only on met don't worry it itsn't a hypo inducing drug - so you aren't going to keel over - hope you are feeling better by now :)

TracyA

Dislikes
Thank you so much,I am just the worlds worse panicker.I have just eaten a satsuma /clementine and I do feel abit better now,just extremely hot.Thank you so much for the quick response. :D Im T/2.

TracyA

Dislikes
Phew lol,Thats what I waa thinking OMG low,coma die etc.Ive always been high on my b/s,so stupidly ive not read up on lows.Until now!!

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Hope you feel better soon, it sounds like a scary thing to wake upto. :|

TracyA

Dislikes
Sounds like what I ha Horrible horrible feeling,thank you for posting that link.B/S are now 6.9,and feeling almost normal lol.Thanks again. :D

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
hehe trust me to missread that :lol: