Backsliding!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My GP told me not to. Do you think I should then?

For me, testing was utterly funadmental to my acceptance of my diagnosis and the means by which I could measure my progress. My OH just couldn't take the diagnosis in until I showed him my earliest readings and the non-diabetic ranges on here.

Once I saw the facts for myself, I just got on with it. I can't urge you strongly enough to test.

MargJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Was your husband very bad and did he take insulin? You see I was diagnosed after having it for about 6 months and no damage to anything. I dont have to take injections either so I'll be ok right?
My husband is seriously ill with Crohn's disease, not diabetes. It's his friend who might lose his leg. I don't know how to convince this friend that the eat well plate is not doing him any good. His diabetic nurse tells him to eat carbs, so he does!

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm different to everyone else I'm afraid. I need scare tactics to keep me on track. The most helpful advice on here are the ones scaring me - we're all different. I eat well and healthily for my three meals of the day but I love sweets and crisps, thats my downfall and as I can get them pretty much everywhere I like, I find that tough to avoid. I dont understand 'just have a little bit' either, that doesnt work with me. I dont eat cakes or chocolate or biscuits, so thats not a problem or chips.
Now listen here 'Little Miss Naughty' it is about time you pulled yourself together and got on track. It will be no good coming crying to us when your leg is missing or you are having to get someone to read these posts because you are blind! Now then, no more nonsense!

Did that help? ;) Why not try to wean yourself off by dangling a treat of some description at the end of each day? You must be good all day if you want the treat.... then make it two days..... then three? Worth a try maybe.

I have personally got back on track by going to Slimming World and I know a lot of people on here don't approve but I have found it has focused my eating habits and I am losing weight. The fact that you get on the scales in front of people each week and produce a written food diary (that could be another suggestion - it does help you focus on what you are eating) has helped me enormously.

Also, how about try planning your meals for the whole week and only shopping for those things. Then avoid going into shops during the week and you wont be tempted?

Good luck. x :)

Reactions: 6 people