weightloss and when will it stabilize

witchfire

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone ,
A question hopefully some will be able to answer ,
1 was 13 1/2 stone before type 2 diagnosed i am now just under 12 stone ,this had a demoralising effect as i had to completely change wardrobe and buy smaller and could lose even more ,yes yes i know people say you look really well you have lost weight ,this is all good but when will it stabilize i am on metformin and blood pressure tabs also pravastatin and aspirin .
Coping quite well with food and that isnt a issue unless i should be eating more .
any suggestions espesially those who also shredded weight many thanks Glyn

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. The reason some of us ask whether you are really T2 is that if you are losing weight unexpectedly it's always possible for Late onset T1 to be a diagnosis. There are other causes of weight loss of course apart from having a good diet, I could be just guessing. If the weight loss continues and your blood sugar creeps up then do come back for more info. Hopefully your weight will stabilise and do have enough proteins and fats to make up for reduced carbs.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Assuming you are Type 2 and that your weight loss is a direct result of a low carb diet, you need to plan ahead and when you reach your target weight tweak your diet a bit.

I was in that situation 18 months or so ago. I lost 4 stones on my LC diet and reached my target weight. I added a little more fat for the extra calories, but still kept losing albeit more slowly, but another 7lbs disappeared. I then had to increase my fats even more (I had no intention of increasing my carbs) until I stabilised. It took a couple of months but I got there. I am still there I'm pleased to say. I previously didn't eat cream or cheese, so these were foods I added back, plus a little extra red wine (purely for the extra calories you understand!) It was a fine balancing act, and does need some forward planning.

Why is it demoralising to have to buy smaller clothes? It's wonderful. I had to do it 3 times. :)