Tattoo care

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetic Educators, people who do not listen, people who do not actively try to make their situation better, people who think I am in their textbook, people who think I am a standard T1D.
Good Job! Nice artwork, does not look like number art. How is it doing? How do you feel? Just really keep it moist.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Job! Nice artwork, does not look like number art. How is it doing? How do you feel? Just really keep it moist.
Thank you! I'm really happy with it! Still a little achey but so far it's healing fine- not even any peeling or anything! I wash it twice a day and moisturise it three times a day. How long do you think I should keep up the routine for? :)

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetic Educators, people who do not listen, people who do not actively try to make their situation better, people who think I am in their textbook, people who think I am a standard T1D.
Your art looks fairly large, not like one of those tiny butterflies. I would keep the covering and moisturizing for at a minimum, 2 weeks, plus, that is about all I have patience for personally. It is one of those things you just,,,feel. You know when it is healed and then you remove everything. With my Anubis and Isis, they are HUGE and I kept them covered for only 2 weeks. My Diabetic tat only took 3 days to heal. That was an odd place as I kept my watch on it. It is in the middle of my wrist.

I am sitting here smiling at you like I am crazy. Welcome to the club. Caveat: Once you have one,,,you NEED more!

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your art looks fairly large, not like one of those tiny butterflies. I would keep the covering and moisturizing for at a minimum, 2 weeks, plus, that is about all I have patience for personally. It is one of those things you just,,,feel. You know when it is healed and then you remove everything. With my Anubis and Isis, they are HUGE and I kept them covered for only 2 weeks. My Diabetic tat only took 3 days to heal. That was an odd place as I kept my watch on it. It is in the middle of my wrist.

I am sitting here smiling at you like I am crazy. Welcome to the club. Caveat: Once you have one,,,you NEED more!
You ALWAYS need more.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh okay. :) I was told to not keep mine covered because it could rot! It's finally started peeling xD

I've already decided on my second! xD

Reactions: 2 people

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Must have been painful under the arm ouch !
It wasn't nearly as bad as people make out xD If hurt more being near the bend in my arm. Also, the shading was achy, I wouldn't say painful but after a while you could really feel it! I think having chubby arms helped ease the pain xD

articman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a koi dragon on my arm an on the bend was painful for two weeks after gettin it

articman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a koi dragon on my arm an on the bend was painful for two weeks after gettin it
5d706e058e91dad2004c7972bf548822.jpg

articman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was done 2 years ago before I was type 2 it's a cover up an rose an dagger is under it for 30 years

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

lucy67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have type 1,had a tattoo 25 yrs ago with diabetes, but be careful as now no one will remove it cause of the diabetes and it looks old so don't have one where it can be easily seen as I have mine on my arm and can't wear anything sleeveless.

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have type 1,had a tattoo 25 yrs ago with diabetes, but be careful as now no one will remove it cause of the diabetes and it looks old so don't have one where it can be easily seen as I have mine on my arm and can't wear anything sleeveless.
Oh okay! Thank you for the warning. :)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everyone's tattoos look lovely , I had my first tattoo done last friday mine looks tiny to what some of you have had done lol .
I've got two names on my left wrist , I'm over the moon with them . So I'll be watching this thread so I can see how others are healing too and compare to how mines doing , so far so good fingers crossed !

Emily101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everyone's tattoos look lovely , I had my first tattoo done last friday mine looks tiny to what some of you have had done lol .
I've got two names on my left wrist , I'm over the moon with them . So I'll be watching this thread so I can see how others are healing too and compare to how mines doing , so far so good fingers crossed !
Pictures, pictures! :p

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg

I think I've attached the picture correctly if not I'll try again lol ?

Yourll have to excuse all the purple ink , taken a few minutes after . As you can see was used for the centre line lol .
I'll upload one once its healed as well as can't get a decent picture as it's flaking and I've normally got cream on it .

So yes here's my little tattoo lol. x

Annie86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello!

I'm type 1 diabetic and am thinking of getting my first tattoo- it will be on my arm.

Just looking for some advice about the whole process and caring for it? Would anyone warn against them?

Thanks!
Emily
Hi @Emily101
I've two tattoos both post diabetes diagnosis. Both have healed fine with tlc and bepanthen cream.
Any thoughts on the tattoo you're looking for?
Let us know how it goes xxx