Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
How to give a cat a pill

Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right fore-finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse in from garden.

Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down the straw.

Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus jab. Throw Tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and remove pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

Arrange for RSPCA to collect cat and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have seen this before! I have a Sphynx who needs baths and this is what we go through minus the pill in the eye. I don't know who dreads the baths more, her ot me.

Reactions: 2 people

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Had this problem with smoky many a time. She was an absolute nightmare to give pills to. In the end I had her put down earlier than I wanted as she needed daily tablets for failing kidneys. She lived to 19 though.

D

debrasue

I can really identify with this. At one (dysfunctional) time in my life I used to have six cats, so you can imagine the scenario when they needed any sort of treatment. It used to involve covert SS-type planning and military operations!
I have no pets now other than a lunatic labrador who (touch wood) never gets sick.
Still adore cats though.
:cat:

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ella isn't too bad with pills, it is baths she HATES. Did you have the "sat pill pusher" as it works well for mine when they need their wormers?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to give a cat pills. I was told they were tasteless and to crush them into her food. They made the food a sort of horrible grey colour but she didn't seem to mind. It was some time later that I learned that if I just gave her a pill she just ate it without any trouble at all. Unusual cat.

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
I have a Bengal and the above sounds exactly what we go through to give him a tablet at just shy of 8kilo's of healthy body mass and almost twice the size of a domestic and F3. He is not to be messed with. :)

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a Bengal and the above sounds exactly what we go through to give him a tablet at just shy of 8kilo's of healthy body mass and almost twice the size of a domestic and F3. He is not to be messed with. :)

If you will have a tiger what do you expect!!!

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
If you will have a tiger what do you expect!!!
1462899097814.jpg

Haha
Here he is.
Taking it easy on Sunday morning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: Dodo