Low carb waffles...

OceansEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was craving waffles this weekend .... honestly the cold turkey thing on baked goods has had me jonesing more than once ....

So tried out a low carb waffle recipe, eggs, coconut flour, etc....
Not bad, they were edible, very eggy, which is fine, not crispy enough - tried toasting them after to crisp them up.... they got stuck in the toaster! :D They satisfied a craving and I'd eat em again, but they weren't the lovely crispy fluffy waffles I'm used to. The biggest turn off is the texture of coconut flour (and same problem with almond meal/flour) ... it's just so darned gritty, that they taste almost dusty.

Kinda depressing, so I'm gonna make a pavlova for dessert tonight - because that isn't pretending to be something else :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the hardest parts I find ... in Germany yesterday my partner chose one of these - I just watched :(

0a53ddad81070e5e882435029493182c.jpg

OceansEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ouuuch - that is painful.
my guy is thus far being hugely supportive .... waiting till I go to work or go to bed before snacking on cookies or... and doing lots of research and not complaining about the taste of Splenda in the desserts ..still its been a bit of an adjustment for everyone

OceansEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)