Libre Transmitter!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Looks like it's effectively sticking an NFC enabled xBridge on to your arm. That seems a little, well, large!

Interesting none the less...

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The "How to build it" guide is now available on the website. It's a little trickier than building the xDrip Wireless bridghe, but should be doable.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Here's my write up of trying to build this thing: http://bit.ly/LimiTTer It's a little painful and there are some gotchas, but it's not a disaster. xDrip Wireless Bridge is definitely a lot easier.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So here's the latest on this. I finally got a "band" prototype working, transmitting from the Libre sensor to xDrip on the phone. As it's a proof of concept it's not terribly reliable, but at least I'm happy it works!

42b838b5d6fe80992bbd4e17827d3d02.jpg

3e0e2a0287e70aa247bf754350d860a2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the bionic man!

Sorry. Sorry.

I'll get m'coat.

On a serious note, well done. Let us know how it works out. :)

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just ordered the bits. If it all works out I might well layout a PCB and make things somewhat smaller and neater. I will let you know how I get on.

I have a question on sensor pairing. Is one particular sensor locked to the reader, Libre reader, xBridge, or limiTTer that started it? Or can you mix and match as you go.

Thanks

Tim.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh this is handy to know I am wondering if there is an app for Apple phones though?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have just ordered the bits. If it all works out I might well layout a PCB and make things somewhat smaller and neater. I will let you know how I get on.

I have a question on sensor pairing. Is one particular sensor locked to the reader, Libre reader, xBridge, or limiTTer that started it? Or can you mix and match as you go.

Thanks

Tim.

I think what many of us have struggled with is making it wearable. If you go and look at the GitHub page there is discussion on this. Smaller isn't really the issue.

My take was to wrap it all into a neoprene armband and produce a flexible PCB that would allow for this. Someone else has thought similarly. I think you could get a few made up and then flash the control module over Bluetooth whilst using wireless charging to keep it enclosed.

Ultimately you need to keep the NFC aerial over the sensor and Velcro on the sensor plus in the right location on the wearable may achieve this.

You can start the sensor with a reader and then run it via the LimiTTer or Glimp with no issues.

Incidentally, Glimp now has a CGM function. Wear the phone in a sports armband over the sensor and it will read every x minutes.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm just now seeing this thread for the first time and I have to say that this is pretty dang cool.

ALESSANDRO

20161018_161015.jpg

Hi all
father of a 10 yo T1 daugther, from Italy, I built the LIMITTER transmitter for the Libre and just tested last night using XDRIP+ on 3 phones, my daughter's as MASTER, mine and my wife's as xDrip+ Sync Follower.

All is working finr but I have a question on XDRIP+: can I turn Bluetooth off on FOLLOWER phones? Apparently iit is not possible! Also on the MASTER phone if not used? (we are currently using it nights only)

We decided for the LIMITTER mailnly because of its flexibiity (you can decide to wear it or not) and we thought to build it differently from the original photo, so not in a box but as a arm band with all the cards horizontaly placed one close to the other (see photo).

Thanks for all help and further info you may be able to send me

Ciao

Alessandro

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Allesandro, I have the xDrip+ Follower app on my tablet. This uses wi fi, I don't have bluetooth on.
I can't see why you would need bluetooth on the Follower nor on the Master if you are not using it. Obviously you will have to scan & reconnect each time you start using it.
Congratulations on the build!