ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Don't think you wil be seeing much of me. Can't be dealing with taking half hour rejoining every time I want to get on the forum. So if you don't see me take care everyone. Phoned diabetes to see if they can sort it, said they couldn't find me!!!
They need to kill your account off and you can start again. We'll recognise you, no problem. Sounds like a bug in their system. Maybe if they take a note of your awards etc and copy your messages so they can be replaced on new account?
Do you want to copy what personal to you just incase it fails totally?
I hope they help you soon. ♥♡♥

Reactions: 3 people
D

debrasue

My arguement has always been - when you're depressed you havent got that fight in you that is normally available to kick its but. Tablets can help short term but once again not for everyone.
@PenfoldAPD i too can get frustrated for some sufferers as I want to do it for them. Poor bug#ers. I'm luckily I only had it mildly once but enough for me to realise how hopeless they can feel.
Luckily mild depression can be turned around quickly. Some aren't so lucky but there is help and it's free. Thank god.
My partner needed counselling too but still not back to his hearty self. He might never be. I support him but good days and bad days.
As you can imagine I take full advantage of the good days.
Some people just get lost and need to find themselves again.
Diabetes can hog the attention from other things and its getting a happy balance.
Which i know you have. I love the fact you have taken diabetes and put it exactly where it needs to be.
You're an inspiration! Enjoy you're day and keep inspiring. :) :) :)
Very well put, Vicki - you're 100% correct and you've explained it perfectly! I struggled with a bout of depression too, following an accident about 12 years ago, and it is indeed a very dark and lonely place to be. Mine had a direct physical and emotional cause, but it helped me to understand the special kind of hell reserved for those who suffer from it as a matter of course. Your partner is lucky to have you by his side. xx

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No rain here but I bet it won't be hiding for long. :( snow reported for the weekend thou.

D

debrasue

Started having terrible shakes! Had usual breakfast & 1 hour later sugars 9.1!!!! Drinking plenty of water and trying to keep moving. Good luck with the dentist
Well, I suppose the high BGs would account for the shakes, but I wonder what's caused the high BGs. Are you stressed about your appointment today?
The dentist was fine and so are my teeth, apparently. I hope your appointment goes well, too.
Hugs x

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Back to the grindstone for me, arrgh. :)

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just had a phone call from the Community Healthcare Team to book me onto the X-Pert Course. All of the dates they have offered for course clash with evening meetings so will not work.

I have told them that I will have my next HbA1c in mid June then if I feel there is a need I will ask my practice to re refer me.

Bullet dodged!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well, that's the Kitchen and Bathroom curtains washed, line dryed, ironed and back up on the windows. Hubby and I work as a team- taking down curtains for washing, putting ironed curtains back up-hubby. Everything else, including removing bird poo from, and sponging mess from, clean curtain - me. Honestly we pamper these ruddy birds with feeders, nesting boxes and nutty treats and that's the thanks we get. It's 23 degrees with a gentle breeze up here in central Scotland, hard to believe Arctic weather forecast for the weekend.

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752 are you following lchf as I got jerky when I was too strict♥ ?

How strict were you , as I have been having shaky/trembly occurrences for a bit , have lost a load of weight (LCHF) and got my bloods well down......

Went to the docs and got my Metformin halved and seems to have helped a lot.

Am in 2 minds whether to tough it out until I can come off the meds or just up my carbs for a bit to run in the 5/6s instead of the 4/5s..

Tho as said on another thread , its wiser to com off the meds than to eat to them:)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon my lovely friends,

I went to my local diabetes clinic in Union Road, Stockwell today.

These were the results of the tests:-

Random blood glucose:- 7.5
Urine:- Normal; no ketones or abnormal proteins
Blood Pressure:- 118/62
HbA1c:- 53 mmol / 7.0%
Weight:- 89 kg (13 st 12 lbs)

My Lixisenatide glucagon like peptide injection has been decreased in strength from 20 mcg to 10 mcg.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Johnny Baker
Individual with autistic spectrum disorder and depression.

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Quick dip in, on a tea break and finishing in an hour. Hot inside, still sunny and 22°C. Still hungry.:)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
A hazy 22 degrees in Sheffield.

D

debrasue

I have just had a phone call from the Community Healthcare Team to book me onto the X-Pert Course. All of the dates they have offered for course clash with evening meetings so will not work.

I have told them that I will have my next HbA1c in mid June then if I feel there is a need I will ask my practice to re refer me.

Bullet dodged!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
Sounds like an excellent plan, thanks Lindy! :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well done on your results @autisticwonder1970 That's good that you have had your insulin dosage reduced, I assume that your HbA1c result was down from last time? Your blood pressure is good too - Well done Johnny

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I swear it's a conspiracy, either I can't get and stay on here or my broadband goes down :mad:.

Hope it's a good day all round for you all. It hasn't stopped being wet here, ranging from drizzle to tamping down. I am so envious of the nice weather some are having. Put it in a bottle and send it to me please.

Good news Johnny, it seems as though you're hard work is starting to pay off :).

Here's hoping that William's appointments go well.

@maureen5752 & @Diamum5972, hope you both feel a lot better very quickly.

If I don't answer anybody and it looks as though I'm still here, I'm not being ignorant, I open multiple tabs and when I get ejected in 1 or more, the others show me still logged in. Or I might have gone browsing (nosing) and stayed logged in. Karen xx

Reactions: 6 people

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Don't know what it is with Ron but ever since they took him off gliclazide he's been like pacmac on heat . Practically non stop munching.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How strict were you , as I have been having shaky/trembly occurrences for a bit , have lost a load of weight (LCHF) and got my bloods well down......

Went to the docs and got my Metformin halved and seems to have helped a lot.

Am in 2 minds whether to tough it out until I can come off the meds or just up my carbs for a bit to run in the 5/6s instead of the 4/5s..

Tho as said on another thread , its wiser to com off the meds than to eat to them:)
I decided to break ketosis which gave me lower fbg. Some call it the effects of PIR (Physiological Insulin Resistance).
I'm currently having 50-100g of carbs but need to be 20g for a few weeks before I lose anything. It's tough in my house and I overeat protein if I'm not careful.
20g or less gives me the shakes and been put on a tablet to stop the palpitations.
You have to work out whst works for you. Weight loss is my priority but I'm frightened to let my bgs go over 8 as baby toe goes numb underneath.
A rock and a hard place. :banghead:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Don't know what it is with Ron but ever since they took him off gliclazide he's been like pacmac on heat . Practically non stop munching.
Remind me again did they take him off gliclazide because of hypos?
Research states gliclizide can wear out the beta cells in the pancras so not the solution long term.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Remind me again did they take him off gliclazide because of hypos?
Research states gliclizide can wear out the beta cells in the pancras so not the solution long term.
He was getting low readings of 4. So when he went to see the nurse last week it was already decided before we got there that they were taking him of them.