What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

debrasue

hi there sorry to be a pest....how do you make chia chocolate pudding ...or do you buy it ...
You're not a pest! :) I'm happy to share whatever information I have.
Chocolate chia pudding couldn't be easier (and it's really nice!); as well as being helpful for those suffering from diabetes, chia seeds are alleged to reduce blood pressure, provide easy-to-assimilate fibre and regulate digestion, provide a good source of antioxidants, Omega3 and protein, and aid in weight loss. There are some side effects, too, however, so you might want to do some online research beforehand.
To make the pudding, you simply mix together 125ml single cream, 125ml coconut cream, 3 tbsp chia seeds, (available on the internet), 2 tbsp cocoa powder and sweetener to taste (I use 2 tbsp Monin sugar-free caramel syrup, also available on the 'net), and leave it the fridge overnight. I buy the frozen black cherries from Tesco and have 8-10 of those with 2 tbsp of chia pudding - delicious! The pudding will keep well in the fridge for 4-5 days (if you can avoid eating it all beforehand!).
I hope this helps.
:)

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Ooo Deb that sounds amazing. I've never done baking or cooking, but I'm really getting the bit between my teeth. Been looking at all the lovely photos and recipes on DietDoctor. This choc pudding I simply have to make. So I'm king of my garden, and in a few months maybe Gordon Ramsey of my kitchen. Haha :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

D

debrasue

Ooo Deb that sounds amazing. I've never done baking or cooking, but I'm really getting the bit between my teeth. Been looking at all the lovely photos and recipes on DietDoctor. This choc pudding I simply have to make. So I'm king of my garden, and in a few months maybe Gordon Ramsey of my kitchen. Haha :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
Well, the chocolate chia pudding is a good place to start your baking career, Kevin, as it literally only takes about 2 minutes to make! Be warned, though, it's very moreish, especially with the tartness of the cherries...:hungry:
I've had to stop myself from making any more this week, as I rather OD'd on it last week. :sorry:

D

debrasue

B: Coffee & cream
L: Ham salad
D: Chicken breast with mushrooms & courgettes in a dry white wine & cream sauce; asparagus
S: Raspberries
Carbs: 22.5g
:happy:

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Last two days upset tummy. Have reduced my insulin like my DS said but still having hypos all over the place. So has been mostly water, couple dry crackers, melon. Then in between all that lucazade, love heart sweets, fruit pastilles (not all at once) and toast or biscuits. Feel rubbish and gonna have to send the husband out for more hypo treatment, as running low now.
Hopefully back on track when my insides decide to start working again. :depressed:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: boiled eggs, coffee with a almond milk/cream combo
L: cold salmon steak, avocado
D: Cook Red Thai chicken plus Jasmin Rice (around 18g carbs total - think I can handle it), low carb biscuits St Agur cheese - a glass of red!

BG now 6.7 so that's ok :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: nice, comfortable, reliable coffeencream
S: Apetina olives, feta and GARLIC
S: too many Marmite Cashews. Oh, Dear God. I wish I had never discovered that these exist.
D: lamb stew with spiced aubergine.

Recovering now... :cat:

pms543

Not really - there are quite a few different ones.
Ok
Took a quick peek at tesco online and not many are cream ? they do their own cream one but mostly coconut milk comes up when searched
As you shared recipe thought you might have one you used. Thanku

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: nice, comfortable, reliable coffeencream
S: Apetina olives, feta and GARLIC
S: too many Marmite Cashews. Oh, Dear God. I wish I had never discovered that these exist.
D: lamb stew with spiced aubergine.

Recovering now... :cat:

I've just been looking up Marmite. I LOVE it. Just been looking up carb content so I can have on low carb crackers when I am cheesed out :) spotted the cashews but didn't add to my shopping trolley, good eh? They aren't on their website.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just been looking up Marmite. I LOVE it. Just been looking up carb content so I can have on low carb crackers when I am cheesed out :) spotted the cashews but didn't add to my shopping trolley, good eh? They aren't on their website.

Tescos deliver them. To your door.

Trust me when I say this is a BAD THING. :D

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Ok
Took a quick peek at tesco online and not many are cream ? they do their own cream one but mostly coconut milk comes up when searched

Sainsburys do them also :) or if you have an Asian cash and carry / supermarket then best from there

06183c1c592f7d537c5b9090e8f29525.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 5 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok
It's in the world food asle, with curry sauce e.t.c :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B- water, green tea and supplements
L- bacon, egg sausages and mushrooms
D- belly pork on bbq, broccoli and cauliflower with d.cream and cheese
S-peanut butter fudge
Will try and have a crack at the chocolate chia pudding soon as got a big jar of them just sat on the shelf doing nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app