Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm trying to loose weight, any ideas?? Any quick tablets that work,

No. But a decent diet, exercise (heaps of it and build slowly) and portion control and commitment sure does. If we could all take pills to magically lose weight we would

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Help
Please help

Low carb, moderate protein and enough fat to satisfy. Think of green above ground veggies, healthy moderate amounts of protein and enough fat just to satisfy. Such as avocado olive oil olives a FEW nuts and seeds. That's it. Low carb is the best ticket.

Edited after topic moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Low carb, moderate protein and enough fat to satisfy. Think of green above ground veggies, healthy moderate amounts of protein and enough fat just to satisfy. Such as avocado olive oil olives a FEW nuts and seeds. That's it. Low carb is the best ticket.

Go Kristin, tell it as it is

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

meenaisaac

I have managed to lose 5.3kg over 50 days just by monitoring my diet with the help of Myfitnesspal app. Just entering the food I eat into the app shows me which component I should focus on during the next snack or meal (components like carbs, fat and protien).

Reactions: 2 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
The Newcastle Diet 8 weeks of hard yakka for tremendous results. Nothing comes easy but it does become easier

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
The Newcastle Diet 8 weeks of hard yakka for tremendous results. Nothing comes easy but it does become easier
Sorry Mary firstly my apologies for not welcoming you to the forum and I'm sure you will get some great advice to help you move forward. Secondly I just realised you are a Type 1and being a Type 2 I don't have the personal experience to recommend the Newcastle Diet and would suggest you look to advice from other Type 1's as your first point of reference. But I will say the hardest thing is to get started on whatever path you chose and from there it will get easier as you start to get results. If you keep doing what you are doing now you will keep getting the same results. I hope this forum is as helpful to you as it has been to me
Cheers

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Go Kristin, tell it as it is

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Lol.

I am type 1 and do very low carb moderate protein and enough fat to satisfy. I eat small meals 3 times a day and when a snack is needed it's a few nuts or seeds of a scoop of guac. My snacks don't require additional insulin injections if I keep them small enough. Small low carb meals allow me to take small doses of insulin. Insulin is a fat storing hormone and a growth hormone so FOR ME the less the better. I also seem to be intolerant to something in the insulin so a double the less the better
I don't know what kind of insulin regimen or diet you are on so this would be something you would need to talk with a health care provider about.
Are you a newly diagnosed T1?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Help
Please help

Hi @Maryregan :)

How much weight do you want to lose? Can you give us an idea of what you're currently eating?

What kind of insulin regime are you on? Do you vary your fast-acting insulin according to the carbs in your meal?

If you're on fixed doses of insulin do not reduce your carbs without advice from your DSN.