What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So Marmite cheese just became a new staple ... let's be honest I was totally over those Babybel! So good

fb1720f5cd571ba762463336f795ce4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B: snickerdoodle crepe, lemon curd, blueberries, greek yog
L: none. Arrived late for lunch and there was nothing left worth eating:arghh:
D: venison burger, cannellini beans in tomato sauce that I found in a packet at the back of the cupboard. BG spike just within limits.
S: BabyBel

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Thursdays menu
B egg and cheese omelette
L 3 Jacobs water crackers with tuna and sweetcorn / a few nuts
S 1 pkt pork scratchings / 1 pear
D egg and tongue salad

Reactions: 2 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Last night: homemade butter chicken curry with a smidgen of rice, red wine
This morning: leftover lemon yoghurt, coffee

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Today
S Milk Coffee
B Bacon Egg and Tomato
S Milk Coffee
L Pulled Pork and Salad and 2 x Low Carb Beers (3.4g)
S Milk Coffee
D Bun-less Beef Burger
S Cheese Stick

Carbs 31

Digger-i-doo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Coffee & lacto-free cream (I don't really care if it has any lactose now - I've simply started to get a taste for it!)
L: Cold chicken, cheese; clotted cream & black cherries on a Swedish breakfast bun - yeugh!!! Rest of the buns now in the bin...(or maybe in the magpies)
D (will be): Courgetti carbonara (OK, courgetti - this is your Last Chance - if you don't shape up this time you're off the squad!)
S: Coyo with stewed rhubarb - yummmmm!
:)

Hey! What's going wrong with courgetti? I love courgetti! Or as I call it, zoodles! Is it the wateriness that's putting you off?

D

debrasue

B: Coffee & lacto-free cream
L: Corned beef, coleslaw; rhubarb & clotted cream (wow!!!)
D (will be): Courgetti & beansprouts carbonara (didn't have it last night in the end - I was too tired to do it after I'd finished faffing about on the forums, so we had chicken salad instead!), Sukrin roll & garlic butter
S: Coyo & rhubarb
Carbs: 27.4g
:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: small breakfast in cafe, with a pot of decaff tea. 1 egg, 1 rasher, 1/3 of the bean portion and a slice of fried bread :wacky: the dogs had the sausage
S: 2 squares 70%
D: will be roast chicken, a better sausage than in the cafe (!), green veggery, and berries and cream.

For some reason, it feels like Sunday, but is actually Day Off Friday. Brill, eh?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband, who is chief cook for our main meal, has decided this week because I asked for a bit more poultry in my diet to feed me for four days running with a plain boring meal of microwaved turkey pieces with cauliflower and a few chopped courgettes and mushrooms all swimming in some sort of thin whiteish sauce, though for light relief tonight has added some soggy wet spinach. Definitely not how to do LCHF eating with any sort of pleasure... Fortunately I can enjoy my own prepared pudding of a few mixed berries with thick cream, and because I've reached screaming point, I shall be off now to scoff a couple of my hazelnut cocoa "fat balls".

But my supper will be the last of my smoked salmon pack with cream cheese, fresh(ish) chopped chives and a sprinkle of black pepper, and possibly a little mixed leaf salad, or alternatively an avocado mashed with sour cream, paprika and a little tomato paste. Much more tempting and appropriately LCHF for my liking!

Robbity

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband, who is chief cook for our main meal, has decided this week because I asked for a bit more poultry in my diet to feed me for four days running with a plain boring meal of microwaved turkey pieces with cauliflower and a few chopped courgettes and mushrooms all swimming in some sort of thin whiteish sauce, though for light relief tonight has added some soggy wet spinach. Definitely not how to do LCHF eating with any sort of pleasure... Fortunately I can enjoy my own prepared pudding of a few mixed berries with thick cream, and because I've reached screaming point, I shall be off now to scoff a couple of my hazelnut cocoa "fat balls".

But my supper will be the last of my smoked salmon pack with cream cheese, fresh(ish) chopped chives and a sprinkle of black pepper, and possibly a little mixed leaf salad, or alternatively an avocado mashed with sour cream, paprika and a little tomato paste. Much more tempting and appropriately LCHF for my liking!

Robbity

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Can I do both?

Helss

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a meal out at lunch - chicken, mozzarella, veg and fried potatoes. Don't know the carb value, but I felt rotten afterwards. After about an hour I could barely string a sentence together and just wanted to sleep on the spot. It's good to have positive reinforcement that low carb makes me feel so much better!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Carvery breakfast - eggs, hash and bacon, plus coffeencream
L: (very late!) halloumi, olives and beef tomato. this is now a favourite staple
D: will be chicken thighs in homemade curry with caulirice

Too much food.
But very nice!

D

debrasue

B: scrambled eggs and Sukrin roll
L: nothing
D: BBQ chicken leg, beef burger, and salad
Feeling really, really ******. Going to bed.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Yesterday
S Coffee with Milk
B Cheese Stick
Lunch (well over the afternoon) 1 large pack of Potato Crisps 185g
D Chinese Takeaway with full cup of fried Rice
S 1 x packet of Cheese twists in front of the football 155g
S Cheese and CRackers
Carbs 247g:nailbiting:
Calories 2716 BFG this morning 6.2:nailbiting:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
300ml Good Green Stuff, vit c, 2g of salt and 500ml,water....feeling very energised at 6.30 am.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B: bacon, eggs, Hi-Lo toast
L: none
D: chicken kiev (from butcher. No breadcrumbs.), cauli mash, garlic mushrooms (vampires firmly kept away last night.); Coyo yoghurt. Finally tracked these down in Waitrose. Wasn't quite what I was expecting. Not sure how much I like the taste but certainly like the stats on the back. Was on "special offer" at £1.50 for a small pot. Skyr also on special at £1 and having had one this morning for breakfast can report that I prefer it to Coyo but carbs are higher, although still only 3.8 per 100g.
S: cheese; chocolate brownie:oops:

Reactions: 6 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Yesterday:
leftover beef stifado
a few pork scratchings
a selection of meats done on the plancha (the closest we can get to a barbecue on our balcony without everyone hating us)
gin and diet tonic
red wine

I'm determined to try to combat my dawn phenomenon: as I'm generally awake from 5.30 am, I'll try to snack on something small to stop it in its tracks.

Reactions: 4 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I had a meal out at lunch - chicken, mozzarella, veg and fried potatoes. Don't know the carb value, but I felt rotten afterwards. After about an hour I could barely string a sentence together and just wanted to sleep on the spot. It's good to have positive reinforcement that low carb makes me feel so much better!
I can relate to the rotten feeling, which I've had after a couple of restaurant meals involving bread (industrial burger buns and the like) and potatoes. It's almost like being drunk, I hate it.

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
I can relate to the rotten feeling, which I've had after a couple of restaurant meals involving bread (industrial burger buns and the like) and potatoes. It's almost like being drunk, I hate it.

Hells and Rosbif.........I totally agree with you. Soon after any food I feel sleepy. ....
Just can't keep my eyes open.
So annoying. Happy hippy x