Start on pump tomorrow! (Insight pump)

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's it starting on pump tomorrow, gotta half my levamir tonight as have my hospital appointment 9-12 tomorrow to get the pump and showed how it works and how to fit cannulas etc!

Do you get a lot of stuff to carry home does anyone know?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
your DSN should have some kit for you to come home with -- cannula's and insulin vial.

after wards she should either be giving you a prescription for further insulin -- or suggest you see your GP

pump supplies should come direct from pump supplier.

make sure to ask about anything you are unsure of !!!!!

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
you should get pump in box, box of cannula's and insulin in vials box of , I would take a bag with you.
good luck for tomorrow, you will be fine.

OHD_Foxy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Stress, Diabetes
I'm on the insight pump and I love it :D your diabetes team should give you a sheet with all the individual serial numbers for the infusion sets, batteries etc and then when you need to order some more you just need to phone Roche and tell them your customer number which should also be given to you and tell them what you need to order :) hope it goes well for you!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Defo take a bag for the supplies you will be given!!

It's really exciting but a lot to take in don't feel silly if you feel you need to take notes! Let us know how your morning goes! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congrats - that's fab! Yes there is a lot of stuff but I got a bag & another kind of case to put it in from Roche. Good luck - hope all goes well. Very exciting!

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All hooked up! For some reason I had built up in my head about the cannula insertion but it was fine! I can nearly feel it now. Just a question have you insured you me pumps? I can be clumsy so I was thinking about it I got quoted £7.22 a month

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
All hooked up! For some reason I had built up in my head about the cannula insertion but it was fine! I can nearly feel it now. Just a question have you insured you me pumps? I can be clumsy so I was thinking about it I got quoted £7.22 a month

Good stuff Kev :)

Check to see if your household insurance will cover your pump.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Kevin1987 - fab news! Yes I insured mine when I got it a few weeks' ago. The leaflet was with the pump literature - I think insurance4insulin pumps. Hope all goes well

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yay @Kevin1987 - bet you're delighted. Our home insurance covers my pump and doesn't charge any additional premium - so glad we asked them as that's saved some money over specific pump insurance.

Might be worth a call to your home insurance people for a chat before setting up a pump-specific policy.

:)

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Must say after a full day with the pump today I'm in love with it already! Just a little paranoid of catching it at the moment! I ordered a waist band so hopefully that will help keeping it all out the way!

Reactions: 6 people

Jubblyjo1601

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kevin1987 Congrats on your pump! Glad you love it so much already! I am completely in love with mine too. It already feels like it has changed my life :):D:)

Reactions: 2 people

Kevin1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did my first cannula change today and I didn't feel it at all and was easier than I thought it would be. The worse bit was taking the old one off haha plasters are bad enough to remove lol

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I did my first cannula change today and I didn't feel it at all and was easier than I thought it would be. The worse bit was taking the old one off haha plasters are bad enough to remove lol
I use tea tree oil -- few drops and it comes away with no screaming :D