Narky?

smarties1

I am newly diagnosed Type 2. My sugar levels are not stable as I come to terms with change in diet (I have a sweet tooth!) Does anyone else find themselves narky? My anger levels can go from 1 to 100 in a split second or am I just mad? I feel I'm going nuts! I know I need to be good in my diet and I am trying, I am losing weight (lost 25lbs) and exercising as much as I can.

Thanks

Elaine

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Elaine,

I think everyone is too frightened to answer you in case you shout at them. 8)

Seriously though, yes my wife and son both commented to me that my fuse was "shorter than normal" in the weeks and months leading up to my diagnosis at the beginning of this year.

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
hi ardbeg.this was the one thing that i really hated about the time that i was diagnosed.i turned into a right moody so and so.thank god it passed.now i find i am calmer than i have been in years.i would say it had a lot to do with how lottle sleep i was getting.there is a lot to deal with at the start but that gets easier too.

dermot

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Hi Dermot,

I snapped at my poor wife earlier this evening over something VERY trivial. :oops:

I tried to "kiss and make up" shortly afterwards and explained it was due to my betes...........but she was having none of it.

Spare room for me again tonight methinks. :( :wink: :lol:

debbietowns

Hi,
Have you had your thyroid checked. I can tell when my thyroid tablets dose needs to be changed by completely irrational irritation (as well as tiredness). Its a very strange feeling and so different from the normal feelings of crossness or anger. My husband also starts to notice i am snapping at eveyone!
Debbie

smarties1

Sorry been awhile! I haven't had thyroids checked. I can now after a year since being diagnosed as T2 if I'm naughty = I'm narky! So as much as I love a cheeky Corona lager, chocolate cake etc, its a no no no no!!! :( (I know I can get away with a little and not often :wink: ) Thanks anyway.