What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thursday Friday 19/5/16
B half a lidl roll / poached egg
S 1 pkt of pork scratchings
L a few nuts another pkt pork scratchings 1 coconut / vanilla greek yogurt
D 4 small stuffed mushrooms / cheese and garlic / fried leeks in butter / 1 sausage 1 egg
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 5.4

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20/05
B

40g Blueberries (Fresh), 39g Blackberries (Fresh), 38g Frozen Cranberries - Thawed, 10g Almonds, 15g Flaxseed, 10g Pecans,10g Walnuts, 15g Hemp Seed, 100ml Milk - Full Fat (100ml), 67g Benecol Blueberry Yoghurt Drink
L
120g Boiled Eggs (60g/egg), 68g Schar Veggie Rye Bread, 21g Crumbly Belton Cheshire Cheese
D (planned)
114g Chicken Breast (Grilled, With skin), 40g Baby plum tomato, 50g Waitrose Mixed Bean Salad, 50g Waitrose Ancho Chilli Spiced rice & bean salad with avocado & feta, 40g Waitrose Cumin & Pomegranate Beetroot, 15g Light Mayonnaise
S
124g Tangerine (1 app 60g)

When I read everyone's posts I feel positively glutinous,:eek: but it's less than 70g Carbs and 1400 Cals, honest.

Reactions: 2 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi all, recent meals have consisted of:

Pre-brekkie 6 am DP killer:
- large spoonful of 100% almond paste (it might shave 0.5 mmols off the morning, so maybe room for improvement)

Brekkie:
- coffee with cream (trying to avoid the lattes even though they taste so much nicer with the Monin sugar free syrups, sob)
- small portion of berries mixed with coconut cream
- greek yoghurt style product from Alsace

Lunch:
- sometimes skipped (I'm starting to realise that I need to eat in the morning but can get away with skipping lunch)
- two Wasa (like Ryvita) crackers with cheese
- slices of cheese from the packet
- soup

Dinner:
- Paprika pork with red peppers (from the Telegraph for those interested in trying it)
- Pork korma made by my husband
- Cauliflower gratin, again made by my husband (he's being very good!)
- Teriyaki chicken made in the pressure cooker - maybe not so low carb but it depends on how much of the sauce you eat

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh I bought marmite cashews today, going to put a few in a bowl. If I ate them out of the bag I would eat the whole lot. :rolleyes:

Sooo? What was the verdict on the cashews?

Mr B went out on a quick Tescos run this morning. Strict instructions to get more marmite cashews.
Not a difficult thing, is it?

So what did he do?
Came back with
- a sticky toffee mousse or 3 (for him)
- Belvita breakfast biscuit cr£p (for him)
- beef stew and dumplings (for him)

and guess wot? he forgot the marmite cashews.

HUMPH!!!

D

debrasue

Mr B went out on a quick Tescos run this morning. Strict instructions to get more marmite cashews.

So what did he do?
Came back with

HUMPH!!!
I'd be sending him on another quick Tesco's run!!! :grumpy:

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
20/05
B

40g Blueberries (Fresh), 39g Blackberries (Fresh), 38g Frozen Cranberries - Thawed, 10g Almonds, 15g Flaxseed, 10g Pecans,10g Walnuts, 15g Hemp Seed, 100ml Milk - Full Fat (100ml), 67g Benecol Blueberry Yoghurt Drink
L
120g Boiled Eggs (60g/egg), 68g Schar Veggie Rye Bread, 21g Crumbly Belton Cheshire Cheese
D (planned)
114g Chicken Breast (Grilled, With skin), 40g Baby plum tomato, 50g Waitrose Mixed Bean Salad, 50g Waitrose Ancho Chilli Spiced rice & bean salad with avocado & feta, 40g Waitrose Cumin & Pomegranate Beetroot, 15g Light Mayonnaise
S
124g Tangerine (1 app 60g)

When I read everyone's posts I feel positively glutinous,:eek: but it's less than 70g Carbs and 1400 Cals, honest.
Do you follow a particular plan? :cool:

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

So what did he do?
Came back with

HUMPH!!!
I've not even opened them yet! :woot:. We have to drive half on hour each way to Tesco or any other supermarket. So I'm going to save them for a special moment........ which will probably be sat in front of the telly tonight ( goggle box) :hungry:

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: China pudding with two apricots and a kiwi, cup of tea. ( first time to eat this, was nice with the fruit, on its own a little bitter! Too much cocoa powder? )
L: four small mushrooms with spinach and ricotta and few bread crumbs. Tongue.
D: will be cod, Mediterranean veg and wholewheat cous cous.
S: water, maybe some of those marmite cashews.

Hypo 2.30pm: lucazade, love heart sweets, two chocolate hobnobs.

When you guys use coconut cream, do you use the one that you have to melt? Or do you just get the top bit of a can of coconut milk? :)

D

debrasue

B: China pudding with two apricots and a kiwi, cup of tea. ( first time to eat this, was nice with the fruit, on its own a little bitter! Too much cocoa powder? )
L: four small mushrooms with spinach and ricotta and few bread crumbs. Tongue.
D: will be cod, Mediterranean veg and wholewheat cous cous.
S: water, maybe some of those marmite cashews.

Hypo 2.30pm: lucazade, love heart sweets, two chocolate hobnobs.

When you guys use coconut cream, do you use the one that you have to melt? Or do you just get the top bit of a can of coconut milk? :)
The one you have to melt isn't cream, it's oil - good for frying stuff in, etc.
The coconut creams I use are:
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=286979446
or
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=272374929

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The one you have to melt isn't cream, it's oil - good for frying stuff in, etc.
The coconut creams I use are:
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=286979446
or
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=272374929
Oh god that's probably why mine went a bit funny. But it isn't the oil in a jar, it's paktaks coconut cream in a box. There's four sachets of 50g that you put a sachet in a bowl still in the wrapper and put boiling water on for a few minutes to melt. I got it by the curry sauce. I don't know how to do them links like you have above. I could try taking a photo.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_20160520_1552508_rewind.jpg

D

debrasue

Oh god that's probably why mine went a bit funny. But it isn't the oil in a jar, it's paktaks coconut cream in a box. There's four sachets of 50g that you put a sachet in a bowl still in the wrapper and put boiling water on for a few minutes to melt. I got it by the curry sauce. I don't know how to do them links like you have above. I could try taking a photo.
Ah, sorry - I'm not familiar with that product.
To create the links I just find the specific product on the Tesco's website, or wherever, and then click on the URL (Unique Resource Locator - i.e. the specific web address for that exact product), which is the box at the top of the screen, just beneath the tab showing the name of the product you're looking at. Then, when the URL is highlighted, press and hold down CTRL and C on your keyboard, then go to wherever you want to insert the link, and press and hold down CTRL and V (this is all known as 'cut & paste', and my apologies if you already knew all this!). Voila! Link inserted.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, sorry - I'm not familiar with that product.
To create the links I just find the specific product on the Tesco's website, or wherever, and then click on the URL (Unique Resource Locator - i.e. the specific web address for that exact product), which is the box at the top of the screen, just beneath the tab showing the name of the product you're looking at. Then, when the URL is highlighted, press and hold down CTRL and C on your keyboard, then go to wherever you want to insert the link, and press and hold down CTRL and V (this is all known as 'cut & paste', and my apologies if you already knew all this!). Voila! Link inserted.
I didn't have a clue, I'm rubbish at technology. I don't know even how to send an email lol. It took me 5 attempts to put that photo up. But my China pudding was like a paste, I was thinking I couldn't eat this every day. I will bin the rest and get some of the alpro stuff. Thanks :happy:

D

debrasue

I didn't have a clue, I'm rubbish at technology. I don't know even how to send an email lol. It took me 5 attempts to put that photo up. But my China pudding was like a paste, I was thinking I couldn't eat this every day. I will bin the rest and get some of the alpro stuff. Thanks :happy:
The consistency you're looking for, before you put it in the fridge, is something along the lines of thick custard. And if it's a little bitter, add a bit more sweetener to taste.

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you follow a particular plan? :cool:
No, I just aim to keep to less than 100 carbs a day and do a meal plan for the day. If I go over the plan at breakfast I adjust the plan of the rest of the day, and so on. It isn't usually a problem when I'm at home, but eating out can knock it for six, though generally I avoid bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. I'll ask for another veg instead of potatoes.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Ooh I bought marmite cashews today, going to put a few in a bowl. If I ate them out of the bag I would eat the whole lot. :rolleyes:
and @Brunneria, I wonder if this might help...

Take a tsp of marmite and a tsp of water, mix together, then throw in 200g of cashews (Lidl sell them loose) and stir together.
Put onto a roasting tray in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before hiding in various locations round the house. Whenever the shop-bought bag /bowl runs low, top up sneakily. No-one will ever know.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Take a tsp of marmite and a tsp of water, mix together, then throw in 200g of cashews (Lidl sell them loose) and stir together.
Put onto a roasting tray in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before hiding in various locations round the house. Whenever the shop-bought bag /bowl runs low, top up sneakily. No-one will ever know.

I was all ready to blast you for your idiocy
(although i still think a mere 200g cashews is a footling amount)
right up until you wrote top up sneakily. No one will ever know.

At which point i recognised a fellow... um... Disciple of Machiavelli.
And i decided i like you.
A lot.

But that doesn't mean I am going to offer you any of my marmite cashews.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Sounds like an plan :D

Reactions: 4 people