T1D meetup 8 (?lost count!), picnic in Regents Park, 2nd of July

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im excited to announce our next meet up which is a bit different than the previous ones. It would be great, if you all could join us for a picnic in Regents Park, London
Meeting at 12.30 pm, 2nd of July at Chester Gate and then moving to Cumberland Fields area for the picnic. Please bring with you drinks, food to share and picnic blankets. Feel free to bring your partners/family along :)
If the weather is very British we will go to the nearby pub. See you soon :)

During the picnic I will be collecting:
- any unwanted in-date insulin,
- syringes,
- lancets,
- testing strips (even if they are out of date). ...
It will all be send to InDependent Diabetes Trust who helps people with Type1 in developing countries.

Regents Park map. Chester Gate at the bottom righ http://www.royalparksraces.com/assets/regentspark_route_map.jpg

Regent's Park Tube Station
4 minutes walk

Great Portland Street Tube Station
5 minutes walk
Camden Road Overground Station
20 minutes walk

Euston Railway Station
9 minutes walk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Can't wait, this will be the biggest yet, will be great fun. If you have not been before bit want to try it out, make this the one you come along too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 3 people

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nuts, can't make this one as I will be in New Orleans that weekend. Hopefully if there is another outdoorsy meetup again in future I will be able to make that one.

Enjoy!

/A

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nuts, can't make this one as I will be in New Orleans that weekend. Hopefully if there is another outdoorsy meetup again in future I will be able to make that one.

Enjoy!

/A
That's a shame. We can do another one in September :)

Reactions: 2 people

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds great. I just looked up my journey on national rail and it suggests taking the last hour by taxi due to tube works
Haha I will find a better route nearer the time

AgaRosa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great idea and I would love to come and meet 'the tribe' as am totally new to the forum but - blast! Will be in Brighton for a friend's 40th. Hope I can make the September meeting! Have fun

Sent from my SM-T710 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
On the next meet up I will be collecting any unwanted in-date insulin, syringes and testing strips. It will be all send to InDependent Diabetes Trust who sends insulin to people who cant afford insulin in developing countries. Here is a link to their website which explains everything http://www.iddt.org/here-to-help/helping-developing-countries Thanks :)
Fantastic idea Ewelina, I have some Lantus which I do not need anymore so would love to donate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 6 people

Funkky_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm new here it will be great to meet other people with more experience. Thanks for organising this

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hi all

Please see the attached pictures showing the exact location of meeting point and wgere we will be sitting on the day of the picnic. Please share this event around on social media, lets try and push for a really good turnout on this one guys
Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have fun guys, will raise a glass from New Orleans ;)

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

Please see the attached pictures showing the exact location of meeting point and wgere we will be sitting on the day of the picnic. Please share this event around on social media, lets try and push for a really good turnout on this one guysView attachment 19515 View attachment 19516

That's really useful, thanks. Looking forward to it!