Hi guys from stoke on Trent

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
I read the nz diabetes website and the most lovely thing I took from it was that you can use herbs and spices galore. No need to loose flavour, this made me think about what I eat and how to make what I eat yummy. Quality has not changed, quantities have.

You can do it and it can be fun and flavoursomeI .

Let us know how you get on

Sent from my SM-G900F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Devonbear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stokie,

I've never had any meds. On diagnosis my GP gave me the usual pessimistic "I'll have to put you on metformin at some point, and probably statins too, but lets see how you get on with diet and exercise for 3 months" mantra. Then he was so blown away by the change in the first 3 months he was questioning the diagnosis (although there's no doubt I'm diabetic, I had two HbA1C readings in the 50s).

At this point I consider my T2 pretty much beaten. I am confident that if I don't eat any major carbohydrates from now on, there's no reason my BG should rise out of the 30s. My next task is to get my blood pressure down and get off medication for that. The key to that is weight loss, so I am going to have to look at more exercise and calorie control. I lost 11 kg initially and my BP dropped significantly, I then put 5kg back on and it was back up to unsafe levels, so I know what I have to do. But at least, for me, diabetes is last year's problem.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Devonbear, an LCHF will significantly tackle your BP. Mine was 169/95 just 6 weeks ago. This last week my average has been in the low 120s over 73. Be patient and you are likely see steady unremitting progress

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app