Type 2 foot care

timbeag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi all can anybody recommend a good foot moisturiser ? feet very dry and heel crack now and then and don't mention emulsifier thanks a million

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I slap on a bit of aqueous cream twice a day, cheaper than E45/Vaseline, both of which I have used and not really noticed the difference.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, I sympathise! Flexitol is very good, but it's very greasy, so I put socks on straight after using it. They do a really good "twist-up" version - a bit like a lipstick - and it stops your fingers getting icky!

Nails Inc also do a lovely Mexican Lime Heel Balm - it smells divine!

HTH.

HaileyCropper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Flexitol will sort nasty cracks out in 3 or 4 days, but body shop coconut body cream or body shop hemp are both good too. I bought a pair of socks from body shop, though they sell them elsewhere, but cream your feet up at bedtime and put the socks on and wear them overnight and that helps too

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Flexitol will sort nasty cracks out in 3 or 4 days, but body shop coconut body cream or body shop hemp are both good too. I bought a pair of socks from body shop, though they sell them elsewhere, but cream your feet up at bedtime and put the socks on and wear them overnight and that helps too

Ha ha - I do the overnight sock thing as well! It does wonders for your feet, but not so much for your love-life!

AgaRosa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also do a foot soak most of the evenings - water as hot as you can manage with lavender, marjoram and geranium oils - improves circulation and softens skin, massage almond oil with various aromatherapy oils afterwards ( self reflexology) and socks on - always have smooth feet and it's very relaxing

Sent from my SM-T710 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

timbeag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also do a foot soak most of the evenings - water as hot as you can manage with lavender, marjoram and geranium oils - improves circulation and softens skin, massage almond oil with various aromatherapy oils afterwards ( self reflexology) and socks on - always have smooth feet and it's very relaxing

any recommendation on oils ? this sound so relaxing just after getting hip done could do soak and chill same time .THANK YOU

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi timbeag, I use any cream for my feet which contains lavender or coconut, same for hand cream. I once used some lavender bath soak which someone bought me so relaxing as lavender is said to be the best for relaxing muscles. Good luck.

AgaRosa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello timbeag, lavender is an overall relaxant, the only oil you can put directly on your skin without mixing with so-called Base oil (eg. Almond oil). You can use oils (a few drops) in water, for a soak, without Base oil but if you massage into skin always mix, others than lavender, with Base- you can get almond oil at Holland & Barrett or other health food shops. Marjoram is good for relaxing muscles, geranium for your veins. I love Valerie Worwood book The Fragrant Pharmacy and also get an aromatherapy massage once a month -worth every penny, sorted out my frozen shoulder and doing wonders for diabetes, too good luck and hope your hip is healing well!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just use whatever body lotion I have at the time but I don't really suffer from heel cracks. I did hear though you should not put moisturiser between your toes