Dexcom in the UK & Lower prices

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dexcom have now opened an office in the UK & will deal direct with customers, taking over from Advanced Therapeutics.

Their PatientUK letter attached.

The prices are interesting!

Attachments

• PatientUKLetter.pdf
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,269
Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Dexcom have now opened an office in the UK & will deal direct with customers, taking over from Advanced Therapeutics.

Their PatientUK letter attached.

The prices are interesting!
Animas supplies are still cheaper than that.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
For those of us who don't have Animas pump, it's a nice surprise :)
Yes it is and I'm very pleased for you :)
Just hope Dexcom don't become to greedy and stop supplying Animas.
Looked again at the price list and the transmitter is cheaper from Dexcom

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What looks to be good about this is that you appear to be able to buy the transmitter kit separately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just received this letter/email myself! Prices are better!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've a strong feeling this is in response to the Libre sales going so well and also as a pre-emptive measure versus what may be coming later this year.

All very interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just ordered from them, needed a new transmitter - 60 mins on hold, then a fair while to fill out documents. Not complaining saved about 150 quid. Only opened today so if you can hold off while the initial surge of idiots like myself (transmitter officially been on three months tomorrow so need one ASAP) then I would.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only took me 14 minutes to get through to tech support. It does seem like it's based across the pond, going by the accent and faint line.

Will see if they're quicker than AT in sending out stuff under warranty.

@ElkBond - I've had issues where my original transmitter didn't die while attached to a sensor and haven't been able to pair a new one since. It could be that the replacement transmitters have been duds, or there may be something else. Just a suggestion, but wait until your transmitter says it needs to be changed to swap it.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So... Experience this afternoon was very good.

3 minutes from calling to my call being answered. Very efficient on filling in my New Customer details.

But more importantly, if you are thinking about becoming a new user and using the G5, they confirmed they will sell you the G5 transmitter without a receiver, so you can get fully up and running on Dexcom for £400 now without needing to build an xDrip bridge.

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So... Experience this afternoon was very good.

3 minutes from calling to my call being answered. Very efficient on filling in my New Customer details.

But more importantly, if you are thinking about becoming a new user and using the G5, they confirmed they will sell you the G5 transmitter without a receiver, so you can get fully up and running on Dexcom for £400 now without needing to build an xDrip bridge.

That's great news!!! Thanks for sharing that.

How do they go about vat exemption? Do you just declare you're exempt over the phone? :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That's great news!!! Thanks for sharing that.

How do they go about vat exemption? Do you just declare you're exempt over the phone? :)

They send an electronic form that you can complete and return.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Cool. And delivery? There was no mention of delivery charges... I'm hoping it's still next day.

Free delivery. ASAP from what I understand at the moment. People have said its been taking a couple of days, but I ordered on Friday so will let you know how I go!

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I received mine basically next day (basically as in i ordered after 5 so that day didn't count). I have filled the VAT form and sent it back but they verbally did it without the form for the first order.

@CapnGrumpy Thanks for the heads up, I got my notification the other night and it said three weeks! No need to rush after all. I have noticed it has become a little patchy where it will drop in and out of my phone, even when right next to it), not sure if it coincidence or related to the final weeks of use.

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had delivery of warranty items having called on Friday last week. They've been shipped from the Netherlands.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mine also turned up today, having placed an order as a new client on Friday.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is Dexcom customer service like? If the sensor is giving inaccurate readings or comes off before 2 weeks are up do they replace it free of charge like Abbott do with Libre?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So that would be on the basis that an iPhone/watch is being used instead of the receiver? Apologies if that's a stupid question ....

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is Dexcom customer service like? If the sensor is giving inaccurate readings or comes off before 2 weeks are up do they replace it free of charge like Abbott do with Libre?

I haven't contacted the new line for uk dexcom. However, the sensors are only supposed to be worn for 7 days (& I think they might only be under warranty for 5 - that is coming out of my unreliable memory tho...) so there is absolutely no way they would replace a sensor if you had had it in for more than 7 days. However, if you had problems or faults in the first week (? 5 days) I'm sure that would be replaced.