itchy

shirleymarye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Sport !
I find Vasaline is great to use,since I cut out eating bread I have felt better down below,must be either the yeast or gluten in it.

wallycorker

charliem1 said:
A regular sympton even for a bloke, appeared before diagnosed then with diet and medication never reoccurred. hope that helps.
Yes - I used to get a quite severe itching of the scrotum at a time when my blood glucose levels were at their highest. At the time, I never even thought of it as being related to my diabetic condition.

However, it's another one of those things that has gone away altogether since I sorted out my blood glucose levels.

Best wishes - John

diales51

Dislikes
Not having any chocolate to eat.....
Hi All,
I can now varyfy that since i am eating proberly my Diabetic bloods results have come right down and the itcyness has gone, so far so good....
Take care,
Diales51.

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Must say I have all the same symptoms and also find that when bg is too high it starts off. Thankfully I am now much more in control of things so it has quieted down.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
jjankh said:
Hi there
I'm new to the forum and recently diagnosed T2, so glad I joined as I have the same 'itchy' problem that has been going on for a while. Had a course of antibiotics now on a 2nd course, even trying thrush cream etc. :oops: What a night mare, hate it and feel in pain all the time. Diabetese is in the family on my mum's side and now my two brothers are on insulin. I am just on statins and metphormin tablets but still getting used to all this. :? jjankh

Hi jjankh and welcome. :)

You may well find that antibiotics hinder rather than help a cure for thrush, the best cure is strict control on carbs to lower your BG levels, taking a probiotic and probiotic yoghurt.

I have been known to use ice packs wrapped in a thin towel to temporarily relive the symptoms of severe uticaria and see no reason why this shouldn't help with thrush - in the privacy of your own home! :shock: :oops: :roll:

Hope it calms down SOON! :roll:

P.S. If you look on the Greetings thread you will find the advice Sue and/or Ken often post for new T2s which will really help you 8)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thrush is a fungus, which grows on sugar.If your blood glucose is high enough for sugar to appear in your urine, you leave a little "food" for the fungus each time you wee wee. It's worth trying upgraded loo hygiene until lowered Bg cuts in. Try wiping with baby wipes after each wee.
as well as loo tisue.
Hana

busybee2

sue999 said:
i dont know what my levels are, was diagnosed with t2 in november & the level was 12. doctor wouldnt let me have a testing machine. said it was"nt neccesary. this problem is really getting me down
i get alot of itching down below and boils its caused when your sugar is to high, dont listen to the doctor go to the chemist and get a blood glocus machine it will help you control your bloods make sure sure you watch how much carbhydrates, go to you nurse

fleur

hi, i have just read this thread and seen the coment about testing strips being £25 by pumpkin
when i was in the doctors last week

i saw the screen and it said

accu chek compact strips 51 ----cost to nhs £7.51, ??, so is this the cost ?? to doctors, i know chemists charge £25.