What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
4.6 @ 6.30AM

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

myjourney

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.4 at 08:30 - better than usual but on my low carb journey so heres hoping I can control it better.

suhasini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine read 5.6 which is how it is for most days.Surprised cause I had a cup of choco icecream yesterday with some more junk ...Dont think I ever will understand the workings of this condition :confused:

radcliffian_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

I'll start.

What about you?
5.5 mml. Happy with that.

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
I have to agree with Josie. Although it is difficult not to compare with others, only yourself.

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
I have to agree with Josie. Although it is difficult not to compare with others, but best to just compare with your own results.

fobbletops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,

I'll start.

What about you?
Hi there. I am Mary from Australia. I have been following the Fasting and Low carb diet and I am thrilled to say that from BSL's of 13mmol/l and 16 mmol/l,I am down to 5.1 this morning. I have stopped all my meds. I was originally on Jardiance 25mg and 2x sulphonureas at night .I am chuffed.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
4.8 @ 6 30 AM

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

fobbletops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi mine was at 11.7 fasting, it can be higher but I can't get it down, any help if poss.
Hi mine was at 11.7 fasting, it can be higher but I can't get it down, any help if poss.
Are you type 2 and what meds are you on. I am type 2 and as well as low carb,I am fasting. I have had 6 days with no meds after being on Jardiance 25mg am and Gliclazide 2 at night.My blood sugars range between 4.7 to 7.7(7.7 2 hours after meals.) If you are going to try this you may need to be monitored by your physician.My fasting periods have been 16 to 18 hours. For example eat at 7 pm and then don't eat again until 12 md. I have found this quite easy. when I eat at 12md,I have a green smoothie.

AlbertoLaidlaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I hate to be negative but this and the other thread along the same lines strikes me as pointless and makes me feel very inadequate. I am probably not alone with this view as it would appear that only a small number of regulars post. The lowest I have ever managed was 6.9 maybe it would be more relevant to ask if you have a low fasting reading what was the previous days readings before and after meals? What do you attribute to low reading to?