Hypo & sleep

Markham_K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last night I suffered from a hypo whist sleeping...
In my dream I was giving some one a pint, but was going everywhere coz I was shacking (in the dream) and I was slowly getting hotter (the hotness woke me up)

I woke up so confused... as in my dream I was at work.. but obviously woke up in my room (to which I check everything and ate sweets)

I feel like my dream was trying to tell me I was having a hypo

I don't know if any of this made sense ... I was just wondering if anyone else has had this feeling of a dream trying to warm you...
Sorry if I sound crazy too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Not crazy at all.. Some sort of wake up trigger dream.. Long may these warnings last!

I normally just wake with the feeling something is wrong coupled with an extreme light sensitivity when low, even though it's normally dark..

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hiya @Markham_K Yes am familiar with this feeling ! Yes dreams do funny things to tell us stuff, it's not nice waking to a hypo, as long as you have something by your bedside so you can drift off quickly once treated then all good. I've had them where i've been dreaming for what seems like ages, knew something was wrong but couldn't quite wake to do anything about it, then finally woken, literally shaking as well as incredibly hot, then had to dive under the covers again as I get cold quickly one hypo treatment kicks in.

Do you know why you had a hypo ? Always good to know to avoid next time ;)

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not crazy at all. I have the same reoccurring dreams for a hypo and hyper. Hypo I dream I'm In willy wonkas factory and I'm running around and stuffing chocolate in my mouth which is getting bigger all the time then wake. Hypers I dream I'm under a water fountain and my mouth gets bigger and can't seem to get enough water in disputed my large mouth lol

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpeg

Hello everyone! I hope that you are all very well!
I have the most delicious dreams when I hypo.

Last time, I dreamt I was baking. I think I was baking a chocolate devil’s cake or lava cake. The bowl was filled with soft, creamy, buttery chocolate and I was dipping my hands in this wonderful velvety chocolate cream while my nostrils were breathing in the delicious vanilla aromas.

Yesterday night, I dreamt that I was in a French pastry shop. I think it was Ladurée because it was decorated in beautiful pastel colors. I was looking at the display window trying to decide what to order. I was in between a creamy chocolate éclair and mille feuille. I decided to get the mille feuille.

I sat at a table by the window, and dipped my fork, breaking the crispy puff pastry layers while the fresh, cream was oozing. I took a bite and my mouth was filled with beautiful vanilla and roasted almond aromas, I could even hear the crispy phyllo breaking in my mouth while the velvety, buttery, airy, light and soft cream was melting on my tongue together with the icing sugar…

My senses were filled by this mouthwatering dolby surround deliciousness.

I thought in my sleep ‘Ohhh noooo… I am hypo-ing again”

And then, I woke up…
With this…
Regards
Josephine

Markham_K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you all for your responses. They've helped me massively! At least I know that my body is doing the right thing haha

I am liking the sound of the chocolate factory dream for a hypo dream.. sounds pretty good, better then spilling a pint all over the bar where I work... haha

Thank you all again, I really appreciate it xxx

Sent from my SM-G925F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
my night time hypos, though very few for the past few year were very real.

Some I remember some I do not, the last one I remember was araound 6 years ago and it was crows talking (as they do normally) but in my head it was alien and they were talking to me, when I came round it was very disturbing to say the least (I was replying to them with digits from my old nokia phone while hypo)

just remember when hypo, and really low you go to places you know are not real

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dreams and hypos. Great topic. Have had some strange and scary dreams over the years due to going low at night. Happily Dafne has made my control so much better that occurrences are almost unheard of now. Most bad dreams occurred whilst on old pork mixtard. Dreams always involved being in a situation that I had to find a solution to, once being on a bus but unable to figure out when to get off, not to scary I grant you, but still woke up shaking and sweating to probably the scariest one which involved lots of black holes that kept falling into each other and knowing that when the last black hole disappeared i was dead. To say I was a little bit upset on waking would maybe not come as to much of a surprise. I know I had extra carbs the next night.

cathief51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My hypo dream is that I am looking for something sweet to eat but can't get it. Shops are shut or full or I can't reach it I keep getting hotter and sweater till I wake up ho,sweaty and disoriented. It's horrible.

Reactions: therower

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I once at the hospital when low and needing a drop of glucose dreamt it was raining with chokolate milk . ...