Long haul and insulin

Hattonma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all tomorrow I depart on my honeymoon to Thailand. Wondering what the rules are for the long acting timings. I fly at 4 pm so do I stick with English timings until I arrive or start transitioning on the planes?

Any advice would be welcomed

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to Thailand last year on honeymoon with a 1pm departure. I have a split dose levemir so took my morning as normal and then my evening one once I was changing flights in Dubai at about 9 or 10pm uk time and then continued with uk times for my next one once we reached Bangkok. Then just adjusted it to local time and used my novo rapid to cover the few hours gap

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
Having flown long haul east & west, I've changed my timings once over there, despite over lapse or delayed. If splitting it, stick to morning time & evening when there (GMT), as body clock won't change strange away either, so take your evening/night insulin, then the next day change to the time you're in. Obviously check BGs regularly to correct highs, depending on activities you choose to do whilst there!! Which part of Thailand are you staying in? Enjoy anyway!!