help just been diagnosed with type 2

tracey2010

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi can any1 help me, dont know anything about type 2 my gp has just dropped a bombshell told me to visit nurse and gave me a prescription for simvastatin 40mg. I hate not knowing what to expect etc should I be worried had 3 blood tests 10.2 10.8 fasting 10.8 fasting dont know what this means also have high blood pressure. Tracey x

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
hi tracey and welcome to the forum.i cant help you with any questions regarding simvastatin.have a good look around the forum and if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask.its a bit overwhelming at the start but it does get easier.

dermot

tracey2010

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Dermot,

Thanks for your reply, I have appointment with nurse later today, hopefully he/she will be able to answer my questions. I am really scared (probably of the unknown) and very very down :( the more I read the more scared I am feeling, take care and thanks again. Tracey

ahsan

Hi Tracey

I can understand how its feel, but I can tell you surely, the more you think about it the worse you feel. Just remember one thing, that this is with you forever now, so rather worrying about it and getting low, ignore it. alter your diet and take whatever med is given. But I am sure, negative thoughts are worse than high or low BG.

I was feeling same few weeks ago when diagnosed, but don't really bother now, keeping it under control as much as I can, but not going to let it rule my life at all.

Best cure for disease I have found is family and friends... trust me.. spend more time with them and you will forget diabetes.

ahsan

iddt01

Hi Tracey

I work for a charity, the Insulin Dependant Diabetes Trust (IDDT) and we produce a free booklet called "Understanding Your Diabetes" which we can send you and provides a wealth of information that will help you through this difficult time - just visit our website for contact details: www.iddtinternational.org

A lot of Ashan's advice is good and well intentioned - you don't have to let diabetes rule your life but you do have to manage it, you can't forget it as if it is not controlled it can lead to other problems. Simvastatin is used to reduce cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease and many people with diabetes take it or similar medications.

iddt01