High numbers despite six week LCHF

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, thanks for the link. That's fascinating.

Sometimes I wish we could all just press a reset button, and all the received "wisdom" clogging our brains would be gone. It doesn't help that some of the people we turn to to help us lose weight are basically on a power trip. - A friend of mine, a lovely guy in his early 30's who is, unfortunately, over 30 stone (6ft 5) and newly diagnosed pre diabetic, had such a bad experience at a local slimming world club that he never went back. I'm really worried about him.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Tell him to come here! No judging. We're all figuring out this stuff together.

And get Jason's book lol!!

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

hornplayer

When I was type 2 and bs was a tad higher than I liked I'd have a very small fat snack, just enough to provoke an insulin response but not raise bs, like piece of celery with a tsp almond butter and my bs would come down. Sounds like that might work for you as well. Just a bite of something VLC and VLP. Sounds like you are still producing a bunch of insulin so the snack just provokes it. Maybe a bite of cheese too. Dairy raises insulin

Sounds like that might explain the apple thing.......?

hornplayer

Deb, I would love him to come here! I'll suggest it. September to April, we meet up for work every week. This time of year though we only meet up ever couple of months. I'm going to talk to him about us getting together. Being a diet group of 2

Reactions: 2 people

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Be careful o calorie restriction as that will lower metabolic output and stall weight loss too. Back to Jason Fung again!

----------
I haven't had time to read Jason Fung in depth yet, but his ideas on caloric restriction resulting in a lower basal metabolism, and fasting and ketosis not affecting the basal metabolism, were really eye-opening. I starved myself on caloric restricted diets for years, and kept stalling out in spite of the fact I was eating under 1000 cal a day. His ideas explain a lot of my former frustrations.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Exactly! All these years I've wasted and all the damage I've done to my metabolism. I look back at what I used to eat and it's no wonder I was hungry all the time and still got fat!

----------

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deb I just watched Butter Bob and I really enjoyed both him and the information that he had thank you very much for providing the link!

Very interesting, a bit of an eye opener for me, So thanks Deb AND Canadian_cousin for posting this, needs further investigation methinks

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
May I ask Kevin, how long you have been following this fasting regime?do you find a big difference in your blood glucose directly after fasting, or as an overall accumulative affect

Exactly 7 weeks as of yesterday. It always nudges my BS down around .5-.75 mol, bringing my averages for the week nice and tight. I feel really good,,still train fully with running every morning and gym....nothing changes, but I do drink including Boullion for the salt depletion.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Exactly 7 weeks as of yesterday. It always nudges my BS down around .5-.75 mol, bringing my averages for the week nice and tight. I feel really good,,still train fully with running every morning and gym....nothing changes, but I do drink including Boullion for the salt depletion.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
Great results! Thank you