Temp, nausea and fatigue.

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
I have been recovering for 2years after acute pancreatitis and necrosis and term treatment. Just need my gall bladder out know. This also made me insulin dependant diabetic. Last December they changed my insulin to Lantus and nova rapid. I have had a constant high temp, fatigue, nausea and some vomiting since. 2 gastro consultants are at a loss so is my GP. GP did suggest it could be the insulin. Anyone suffer with this or have any suggestions. Nothing shows on a general blood test.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Over the years there's been a few posts where members have said they felt tired and fatigued whilst using lantus, is your gp going to try you on alternative insulin's after what they've suggested?

Reactions: 2 people

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
If we cannot find any other cause then I think he may have to change it. Unless I get an appt with diabetes clinic. My GP never seems very clued up on most things let alone diabetes.

tpaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Cardio exercise
A high temp in an adult would suggest a serious infection or your body not liking something thats happening. Have you ruled out any other illnesses?

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
They are stumped. They don't deny my symptoms but cannot come up with anything. It's very frustrating and I spend too long feeling too sick to get out of bed!!

tpaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Cardio exercise
Do you have an endocrinologist or have you been to see one?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If we cannot find any other cause then I think he may have to change it. Unless I get an appt with diabetes clinic. My GP never seems very clued up on most things let alone diabetes.

If your not under the care of a hospital diabetes clinic then I'd ask for a referral over.

I was initially under the care of a hospital clinic but several years ago got transferred to the care of my gp surgery, but when I had some issues with my insulin they weren't very helpful so I asked for a transfer back and have been there since, IMHO and going from my own personal experience gp surgery's are fine but when it comes to more complex problems the advice, care and support of a hospital clinic is far superior.

ok1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I have been recovering for 2years after acute pancreatitis and necrosis and term treatment. Just need my gall bladder out know. This also made me insulin dependant diabetic. Last December they changed my insulin to Lantus and nova rapid. I have had a constant high temp, fatigue, nausea and some vomiting since. 2 gastro consultants are at a loss so is my GP. GP did suggest it could be the insulin. Anyone suffer with this or have any suggestions. Nothing shows on a general blood test.
I had a cholecystectomy (gallbladder removed) in September 2022 after cholycystitis. I was fine up until October 2023 and all of a sudden started persistent nausea and vomiting at first I thought it was stress as I was going through a lot of stress at the time. Been to the GP several times and my GP is at a loss as they've done stools tests, blood tests and urine tests but nothing shows on the test results

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a cholecystectomy (gallbladder removed) in September 2022 after cholycystitis. I was fine up until October 2023 and all of a sudden started persistent nausea and vomiting at first I thought it was stress as I was going through a lot of stress at the time. Been to the GP several times and my GP is at a loss as they've done stools tests, blood tests and urine tests but nothing shows on the test results
Your replying to a 7 year old thread. Might be better to start a new one and get responses