Ramadan kareem

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Ramadan kareem everyone

How will you be coping during Ramadan??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Ramadan Mubarak! I'm not Muslim (although my late son was), but I know we have a quite a few muslims here who seem to manage their diabetes well during this time. There was a type 1 lady who wrote about it in quite a lot of detail but I can't remember her name:banghead:
Hopefully you will get some replies:)

EDIT - Found her! Her name was @bumblebee95, her blog seems to have disappeared and I'm not sure if she posts here anymore. Good luck anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

noraabdull

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i just got diagnosed last week and was experiencing a lot of hypos .. worrying about that while fasting :(

saraelbanaxx

i just got diagnosed last week and was experiencing a lot of hypos .. worrying about that while fasting :(
My advice to you would be to not fast this year as you are newly diagnosed. Maybe around December when the hours are shorter you can try to fast, or you could try donations and charity work for the time being but since your health should be your number one priority, that is what you should focus on. You could possible try to fast and whenever you feel that your sugar levels are dropping, you take something to raise them and carry on fasting from there.

Hope that helps :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app