A few asking for low carb food lists....

abie6

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
1. No "low carb" or "zero sugar" aisles in supermarkets. 2. Sugary "low fat" foods.
Excellent list, many thanks, although not sure how "Breads" managed to make an appearance among so much low carb goodness! People might say that e.g. wholegrain bread is less poisonous than white bread, it may take longer to enter your system, you may even imagine yourself in the country in summer, walking through fields of wheat rustling in a slight breeze, a healthy glow in your face and the sun on your back, but many so-called "healthy" brown/wholemeal breads have added sugar, and, in any case, ultimately, as we all know, carbs are sugar is bad. I see slightly further up you suggest replacing bread with Ryvita. Great idea! I've done this with great results re carb intake and blood sugar levels. That, and the kale!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nixterjoe

Dickensfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have seen a few members asking for low carb food lists for shopping etc. I was sent this list when I first came to this forum by a very helpful member and it was a god send to me amidst all the confusion. I just thought maybe others might find it useful/helpful in some way. I should have thought to share it before now but hope it proves useful to anyone needing a bit of guidance

Beef Roast
Beef Steaks
Corned Beef
Ground Beef
Poultry
Chicken pieces, thighs, legs, wing, breast
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Turkey: whole, breast, leg portions, or ground
Pork
Bacon
Ground Pork
Ham
Italian Sausage
Bratwurst sausages (lidl) great taste & normal sausage substitute.
Pork Chops
Pork Roasts
Pork Steaks
Pork Tenderloin
Sausages look for high meat content
Tinned Pork & Ham
Fish
Canned Salmon
Crab
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Shellfish
Shrimp
Sole
Trout
Tuna Fish
Spices And Condiments
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder Garlic Salt
Horseradish
Onion Powder
Paprika
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Salad Dressings
Salsa
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Yellow and Brown Mustard
Low Carb Syrups and Sweetener

Non-Starchy Vegetables
Alfalfa sprouts (great on salads)
Artichoke
Asparagus
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Bell Peppers (green, red, yellow, orange)
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Any)
Cauliflower (Great as rice or mashed potato substitute.)
Celery
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Fresh Spinach
Flax seed (add to salads & things)
Flower sprouts
Garlic
Green Onions
Hot Peppers
Leeks
Lentils
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Mushrooms
Radish
Peas
Yellow Onions
Red Onions
Squash
Tomatoes/paste & Sun dried
Zucchini
Note; frozen is most the time better than fresh.
Fruit (most is ok, but best in small portions.)
with root veg those with an orange tinge to them eg carrots, sweet potato, swede are better that the white veg, but still have to watch portion size.

Fats / Oils
Bernaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce
Mayonnaise
Olive Oil
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
cooking spray
Coconut oil

Dairy and Non Dairy
Milk full fat.
Coconut milk
Cheeses (hard)
Butter/Ghee
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy Cream
Sour Cream
Yogurt
Greek yogurt, plain, full fat.

Snacks and Other Goodies
Olives (black)
Peanut butter
Pork Scratchings
Dark Chocolate 70% or more Cocoa (Good when cooking)

Ryvita. (A good replacement for bread.)
lidl's Rivercote sesame crispbreads, ( lower carbs than Ryvita)
Tuc crackers
Nuts (that you like.)
Seeds
Chia seed (This thread shows the benefits of this magick like seed. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/72819/
These little beauties can be added to almost anything, they can even be used as an egg substitute & thickening soups, sauces stews etc.)

Flax seed - similar to chia.
Cornflour (great for thickening & making yorkkie puds etc)
Almond flour
Coconut flour
Cinnamon
Oatmeal
Soya flour
Breads
livlife
Burgen linseed & soya - shop around prices vary from like £1.59 coop to £1 asda. And of course LIDL HIGTH PROTEIN ROLLS
Low Carb Tortillas,
The higher the fiber & lower the carbs the better.
Try to avoid wheat based products as much as possible, including cereals

Drinks
Bottled Water (Drink 2-3 ltrs/day
Coffee (decaf) unless you can tolerate normal
Tea (decaf) unless you can tolerate normal
this is a good list and very helpful, a lot of these items are on the LCHF challenge weeks 1 and 2 which I am starting this Sunday, going shopping tomorrow, nice to know I can have cream but there's no mention I noticed of fruit on the list which I love and have become so used to eating all of my life, whilst I can do without, apples pears bananas I was surprised that no berries were on the shopping list, so I'm wondering if it's ok for me to buy them tomorrow because I love them, also pleased I can have nuts, my preference always being unsalted anyway. If you can think of any other info, I'd be obliged.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
this is a good list and very helpful, a lot of these items are on the LCHF challenge weeks 1 and 2 which I am starting this Sunday, going shopping tomorrow, nice to know I can have cream but there's no mention I noticed of fruit on the list which I love and have become so used to eating all of my life, whilst I can do without, apples pears bananas I was surprised that no berries were on the shopping list, so I'm wondering if it's ok for me to buy them tomorrow because I love them, also pleased I can have nuts, my preference always being unsalted anyway. If you can think of any other info, I'd be obliged.
I've not checked the lists in detail, but have been eating a very low carb diet for over two years now. I eat a few berries with cream every day, usually around 50-75 grams weight maximum, and they have minimal impact on my glucose levels. I can also manage small quantities of other suitable lower carb fruits in season, such as nectarines, greengages, plums and figs. You can make your own decisions about the type and amount of low carb fruit (or any other food) you eat to a certain extent - just use common sense: look for low carbohydrate value per 100g weight, consider how much you can appropriately eat, and use your meter to test you reaction to this. Adjust portion size or avoid as necessary. Personally I'd be much more concerned about eating grain based bread and cereals,etc, than eating a little fruit.

You can also eat nuts, but again look at carbohydrate values as these can vary greatly with different types of nuts, and again watch portion size. If you're eating an LCHF diet, nuts are an excellent source of both protein and oils, and also an easy portable snack.

Robbity

Reactions: Glitterlady71

Dickensfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the info robbity, and I'll take on board what you say. I've looked at the list and it's got a lot of things I currently eat anyway, so it will be for some part easy for me. I also love macadamia, pecan and walnuts, some peanuts, though I like all of them unsalted, pre diagnoses i would dip in and out of those all day - now realizing even good, it was too much, so I can easily moderate that. I've had weight problems since I was a child, I've been on every 'healthy' diet all of my life, including the most successful for me, which was a very low calorie diet worked for me every time. If you are diabetic, of course, you can't go on that diet. One of the reasons I never joined (and loathe) diet clubs, is because I disliked having to take the time to weigh things, and listen to a lot of banter which meant nothing to my way of life. It is for this reason, that I now cannot be bothered measuring and weighing things out, and even if I started for the next week or 2 weeks on the LCHF diet from diet doctors, I know I won't stick to it before the 2 weeks is up - so I'll judge by my eyes and take little and often if need be.
thanks for your info.

John_boy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Coronation St
Emmerdale.
I have seen a few members asking for low carb food lists for shopping etc. I was sent this list when I first came to this forum by a very helpful member and it was a god send to me amidst all the confusion. I just thought maybe others might find it useful/helpful in some way. I should have thought to share it before now but hope it proves useful to anyone needing a bit of guidance

Beef Roast
Beef Steaks
Corned Beef
Ground Beef
Poultry
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Pork
Bacon
Ground Pork
Ham
Italian Sausage
Pork Chops
Pork Roasts
Pork Steaks
Pork Tenderloin
Tinned Pork & Ham
Fish
Canned Salmon
Crab
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Shellfish
Shrimp
Sole
Trout
Tuna Fish
Spices And Condiments
Chili Powder
Horseradish
Onion Powder
Paprika
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Salad Dressings
Salsa
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Yellow and Brown Mustard

Non-Starchy Vegetables
Artichoke
Asparagus
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Any)
Celery
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Fresh Spinach
Flower sprouts
Garlic
Green Onions
Hot Peppers
Leeks
Lentils
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Mushrooms
Radish
Peas
Yellow Onions
Red Onions
Squash
Zucchini
with root veg those with an orange tinge to them eg carrots, sweet potato, swede are better that the white veg, but still have to watch portion size.

Fats / Oils
Bernaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce
Mayonnaise
Olive Oil
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
cooking spray
Coconut oil

Dairy and Non Dairy
Milk full fat.
Coconut milk
Cheeses (hard)
Butter/Ghee
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy Cream
Sour Cream
Yogurt

Snacks and Other Goodies
Olives (black)
Peanut butter
Pork Scratchings

Tuc crackers
Nuts (that you like.)
Seeds
Chia seed (This thread shows the benefits of this magick like seed. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/72819/
These little beauties can be added to almost anything, they can even be used as an egg substitute & thickening soups, sauces stews etc.)

Almond flour
Coconut flour
Cinnamon
Oatmeal
Soya flour
Breads
livlife
Burgen linseed & soya - shop around prices vary from like £1.59 coop to £1 asda. And of course LIDL HIGTH PROTEIN ROLLS
Low Carb Tortillas,

Drinks
Great Thank you, just diagnosed in Jan 16.. no medication yet, but great info.. lost 3st in 3 months.

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Great Thank you, just diagnosed in Jan 16.. no medication yet, but great info.. lost 3st in 3 months.
Hi John_ boy, I was diagnosed in Jan this year too, welcome. Have you been on the forum " What Have You Eaten Today " this is a great forum as you will se a lot of us put our daily meals on and you can try and then test your levels for yourself.. Good luck.

Phub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hate the doctor's surgery. The Doctor is okay though.
Imagine you are stranded on a lush, verdant island, full of plant life, fruit and all kinds of animal life. You would be bound to find water of course. In order not to starve, you'd have to eat green vegetables, fruits and nuts and you would have to hunt and/or fish. Everything edible then my friends, would be your natural foodstuffs; as opposed to foods manufactured from natural sources. (like bread; You wouldn't find a spaghetti bush or a doughnut tree for instance.) So next time you go into a supermarket, seek out only the kind of foods you might find on your remote island. (To me milk isn't one of our natural foods, after we are weaned, and we shouldn't really need it, but if you like dairy, then with the exception of milk, it is not fattening.)

I hope that helps to search out foods when you have forgotten your shopping list. I.e. Would I find this growing or living, ready to eat, in the wild?

Mimi's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For those new to low carbbing I would highly recommend testing your blood glucose levels before and after eating and snacking until you know which type and how many carbs your body can handle. Some items in the list I would consider high carb or can be if you don't check the labels. Stick with the mantra "eat to your meter"

lentils - a serving (3 tbspn) of lentils can be about 20g carbohydrates so take care on quality until you know how much you can manage without causing a BG spike

Peas - serving (3 tbspn) of peas can be about 10g carbohydrates

Tomato paste - check the label for amount of added sugar, some have an enormous amount in

Peanut butter - check the label for amount of added sugar, most supermarkets do sell sugar free versions

Pork Scratchings - some versions have extra flour coatings so aren't as low carb

Ryvita.
Tuc crackers - Ryvita and similar can be about 6g carbs per slice and TUCs about 3g per biscuit so need to have portion control

Cornflour (great for thickening & making yorkkie puds etc) – 25g of flour gives 20g of carb so I would suggest making very small yorkkies and testing the effect.

Oatmeal 16g of carb in 1/4cup of oatmeal, but some diabetics can tolerate it – test before and after
Hi!

Since you are on a low carb vegetarian diet, can you kindly share what you eat? Thanks!

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!

Since you are on a low carb vegetarian diet, can you kindly share what you eat? Thanks!

Hi Mimi
Have a look at the vegetarian forum - what have you eaten today for some ideas.
In the early days I tested everything I ate and found which foods I could eat freely and which needed to be rare treats.
I typically have same breakfast each weekday morning as I am up at 5.15am so need something easy and filling as I don't eat again until midday, I take a lunch to work so again its often similar each day.
workday breakfasts - full fat no added sugar yogurt with flax seeds, often add cinnamon or a few berries or other seeds
lunch is usually cucumber or raw pepper with olives and cubes of cheese. I do vary the cheese, I have a local cheesemonger who has some amazing varieties. Occasionally I will take a lidl high protein roll with cheese.
In winter I sometimes take homemade vegetable soup or leftover vegetable chilli or stews.

Weekends I often have scrambled eggs for breakfast, and lunch is often a large salad with hummus or avocado and a new cheese (i love cheese!), I make low carb bread (oopsie bread, almond bread etc) if I want a sandwich or we are out for the day.

Evening meals depends on what kids are doing and time of year. At the moment I am having asparagus with poached eggs at least once a week (I love asparagus), cauliflower is also in season so I am using that as 'rice' with homemade chilli (I use lots of peppers, onions, garlic and chilli in a 'dry' chilli with no beans).
I love stir fries too (I am the only veggie in house so typically make different evening meals for kids and husband), I add tofu or seeds etc to my stir fry. I often buy frozen bags of stir fry veggies as it is simple quick and no wastage (check the label that it is just vegetables as some have added sauce coating). I add courgette noodles for variety too, and add whichever fresh seasonal veg I have in fridge.

I also have omelettes, usually on a night the kids have an after school activity, I add whatever veg we have in typically spinach, broccoli, green beans etc

I use courgette as "pasta" ribbons and add a bit of pesto. Green beans make a good pasts type substitute and I sometimes have them with a homemade sate sauce with no added sugar peanut butter.

I love halloumi and often have it girdled with large flat mushrooms and a side salad.

I make crustless quiches in a mini muffin tin, usually with tiny florets of cauliflower and broccoli (I use frozen as easier to portion control).

In winter I make big batches of stews and soups with low carb veggies such as courgette and spinach soup.

I often buy things on special offer so at the moment cauliflower is on offer so have a few pack of cauliflower rice and cauliflower mash in the freezer, I will also roast some until the florets are just golden brown - yum.
Also have had a few avocados this week, I like it sliced into salads with seeds for a bit of crunch, but also love chocolate mousse (I prefer mine made with full fat no added sugar yogurt rather than double cream as not as thick and sickly).

In summer I love fresh berries with double cream.

Yesterday we had a family party so I had crustless spinach and broccoli quiche, courgette bread, no added sugar raw chocolate 'flan' (nut based base)

Hope that helps

debsmates65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
N

Beef Roast
Beef Steaks
Corned Beef
Ground Beef
Poultry
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Pork
Bacon
Ground Pork
Ham
Italian Sausage
Pork Chops
Pork Roasts
Pork Steaks
Pork Tenderloin
Tinned Pork & Ham
Fish
Canned Salmon
Crab
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Shellfish
Shrimp
Sole
Trout
Tuna Fish
Spices And Condiments
Chili Powder
Horseradish
Onion Powder
Paprika
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Salad Dressings
Salsa
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Yellow and Brown Mustard

Non-Starchy Vegetables
Artichoke
Asparagus
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Any)
Celery
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Fresh Spinach
Flower sprouts
Garlic
Green Onions
Hot Peppers
Leeks
Lentils
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Mushrooms
Radish
Peas
Yellow Onions
Red Onions
Squash
Zucchini

Fats / Oils
Bernaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce
Mayonnaise
Olive Oil
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
cooking spray
Coconut oil

Dairy and Non Dairy
Milk full fat.
Coconut milk
Cheeses (hard)
Butter/Ghee
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy Cream
Sour Cream
Yogurt

Snacks and Other Goodies
Olives (black)
Peanut butter
Pork Scratchings

Tuc crackers
Nuts (that you like.)
Seeds

Almond flour
Coconut flour
Cinnamon
Oatmeal
Soya flour
Breads
livlife
Low Carb Tortillas,

Drinks
New to this as just been diagnosed with type 2, thanks for the list as really unsure what can and cannot have, am going to try as must lose weight!! Will keep you posted : )

Reactions: 4 people

oldelse

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes

Beef Roast
Beef Steaks
Corned Beef
Ground Beef
Poultry
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Pork
Bacon
Ground Pork
Ham
Italian Sausage
Pork Chops
Pork Roasts
Pork Steaks
Pork Tenderloin
Tinned Pork & Ham
Fish
Canned Salmon
Crab
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Shellfish
Shrimp
Sole
Trout
Tuna Fish
Spices And Condiments
Chili Powder
Horseradish
Onion Powder
Paprika
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Salad Dressings
Salsa
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Yellow and Brown Mustard

Non-Starchy Vegetables
Artichoke
Asparagus
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Any)
Celery
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Fresh Spinach
Flower sprouts
Garlic
Green Onions
Hot Peppers
Leeks
Lentils
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Mushrooms
Radish
Peas
Yellow Onions
Red Onions
Squash
Zucchini

Fats / Oils
Bernaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce
Mayonnaise
Olive Oil
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
cooking spray
Coconut oil

Dairy and Non Dairy
Milk full fat.
Coconut milk
Cheeses (hard)
Butter/Ghee
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy Cream
Sour Cream
Yogurt

Snacks and Other Goodies
Olives (black)
Peanut butter
Pork Scratchings

Tuc crackers
Nuts (that you like.)
Seeds

Almond flour
Coconut flour
Cinnamon
Oatmeal
Soya flour
Breads
livlife
Low Carb Tortillas,

Drinks
What do you have for breakfast if in a gurry

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you have for breakfast if in a hurry
A toasted Lidl High protein roll, buttered with scrambled eggs (or just the roll toasted and buttered is quick and easy to eat on the run) Easy to add cheese to also (with or without the egg). I also use Morrisons Egg Mayo which is low carb and yummy when spread on a roll.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Beef Roast
Beef Steaks
Corned Beef
Ground Beef
Poultry
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Pork
Bacon
Ground Pork
Ham
Italian Sausage
Pork Chops
Pork Roasts
Pork Steaks
Pork Tenderloin
Tinned Pork & Ham
Fish
Canned Salmon
Crab
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Shellfish
Shrimp
Sole
Trout
Tuna Fish
Spices And Condiments
Chili Powder
Horseradish
Onion Powder
Paprika
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Salad Dressings
Salsa
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Yellow and Brown Mustard

Non-Starchy Vegetables
Artichoke
Asparagus
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Any)
Celery
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Fresh Spinach
Flower sprouts
Garlic
Green Onions
Hot Peppers
Leeks
Lentils
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Mushrooms
Radish
Peas
Yellow Onions
Red Onions
Squash
Zucchini

Fats / Oils
Bernaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce
Mayonnaise
Olive Oil
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
cooking spray
Coconut oil

Dairy and Non Dairy
Milk full fat.
Coconut milk
Cheeses (hard)
Butter/Ghee
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy Cream
Sour Cream
Yogurt

Snacks and Other Goodies
Olives (black)
Peanut butter
Pork Scratchings

Tuc crackers
Nuts (that you like.)
Seeds

Almond flour
Coconut flour
Cinnamon
Oatmeal
Soya flour
Breads
livlife
Low Carb Tortillas,

Drinks

Thankyou that's very helpful cause I started day 1 yesterday but I do have a question its about cereals/ porridge/ ready brek and which bread to get cause I like my toast for breakfast

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
No cereals, porridge, Ready Break or toast...what I here you ask:). Have an egg, some bacon, a healthy 97% sausage ..... an avacado etc

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

oldelse

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
hard boiled pickled eggs

Take a jar of your favorite pickles. Pour the juice into another jar. Boil 6 or 8 eggs for 7 minutes after water comes to boil. Peel them, Stuff them in the jar with the pickle juice. Wait a couple days for best flavor, There's your stash. Also works great with beet juice and some horseradish
Wow I have seen pickled eggs in fish and chip shop but never tried. Might try one in beetroot jar to start. Will finish beetroot first!!!!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Zoobi

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Beef Roast
Beef Steaks
Corned Beef
Ground Beef
Poultry
Duck
Goose
Pheasant
Pork
Bacon
Ground Pork
Ham
Italian Sausage
Pork Chops
Pork Roasts
Pork Steaks
Pork Tenderloin
Tinned Pork & Ham
Fish
Canned Salmon
Crab
Flounder
Herring
Salmon
Sardines
Scallops
Shellfish
Shrimp
Sole
Trout
Tuna Fish
Spices And Condiments
Chili Powder
Horseradish
Onion Powder
Paprika
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Salad Dressings
Salsa
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce
Yellow and Brown Mustard

Non-Starchy Vegetables
Artichoke
Asparagus
Avocado
Bean Sprouts
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage (Any)
Celery
Celeriac
Chickpeas
Cucumbers
Fresh Spinach
Flower sprouts
Garlic
Green Onions
Hot Peppers
Leeks
Lentils
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Mushrooms
Radish
Peas
Yellow Onions
Red Onions
Squash
Zucchini

Fats / Oils
Bernaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce
Mayonnaise
Olive Oil
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
cooking spray
Coconut oil

Dairy and Non Dairy
Milk full fat.
Coconut milk
Cheeses (hard)
Butter/Ghee
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Heavy Whipping Cream
Heavy Cream
Sour Cream
Yogurt

Snacks and Other Goodies
Olives (black)
Peanut butter
Pork Scratchings

Tuc crackers
Nuts (that you like.)
Seeds

Almond flour
Coconut flour
Cinnamon
Oatmeal
Soya flour
Breads
livlife
Low Carb Tortillas,

Drinks
Thanks for sharing useful information

Apulahra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I'm newly diagnosed T2 and have been reading around the forum but not posted till now. I've tried to follow a LCHF diet but am failing miserably. I take Metformin 100mg x2 daily and have bought an SD Codefree meter which has helped enormously with getting to know how much I can eat of certain foods so as to keep my BG in range. I do need to lose around 3 stone in weight but that's not budging. The list of foods you have provided is a godsend!

I'm not sure how much stress plays a role in weight loss and diabetes but my son passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago so I am grief-stricken. Having this list of foods takes an enormous pressure off trying to think of what to eat each day when my head is not functioning. I can't remember anything and everything just seems confusing. Thank you so much for taking the time to think of others.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm newly diagnosed T2 and have been reading around the forum but not posted till now. I've tried to follow a LCHF diet but am failing miserably. I take Metformin 100mg x2 daily and have bought an SD Codefree meter which has helped enormously with getting to know how much I can eat of certain foods so as to keep my BG in range. I do need to lose around 3 stone in weight but that's not budging. The list of foods you have provided is a godsend!

I'm not sure how much stress plays a role in weight loss and diabetes but my son passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago so I am grief-stricken. Having this list of foods takes an enormous pressure off trying to think of what to eat each day when my head is not functioning. I can't remember anything and everything just seems confusing. Thank you so much for taking the time to think of others.

Sorry to hear about your son.

Grief and stress play a huge part in our eating, blood glucose and mood (which affect everything!)

Please be gentle with yourself. T2 is a marathon, not a race, so take the time you need, and take it steady.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It must be heart breaking for you :( Stress can and does affect things and you are under unbelievable stress right now. Give yourself time to heal and know that it will all get easier with time. I am so glad the list helped...it seems so insignificant against your loss but if it helps even a tiny bit then I am happy. I hope you are okay ...there are a lot of people here that will feel for you right now and we are all here to help any way that we can. When it all gets too tough , just holler. God bless you xxx