Type one and libre

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone out there using the freestyle libre. Would like to know your thoughts on it pls

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

T1D Sarah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!
I have been using the Libre!
I've done a review on my YouTube channel if you are interested?

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I liked it, loved the general picture it gave me of my blood glucose levels, however wasn't very accurate compared to my meter when I was high or low, was out by 3 mmol/l, I called them to advise and they suggested the sensor may be faulty so got a replacement, however when I removed the sensor there was blood under it and skin quite red, also sticky bit wasn't very sticky and had started coming off too. Second sensor lasted 3 days before I hit a door frame and knocked it off..

I think this is a great idea for kids as parents can scan them while they sleep, as long as the sensor is pretty accurate, but you still need to test with a normal meter before driving.

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's not bad, but definitely not a fingerstick replacement for me. I find the performance pretty similar to my Dexcom (which I also wear on my arm). The size and shape is much better than Dexcom, but the Dexcom wins for me because of the ability to sound alarms.