Got my induction date [emoji51]

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So I'm being induced on Thursday feeling pretty nervous now!

Had a scan today and consultant was really happy with everything, baby is estimated to be around 7lb 8 at the minute but I imagine that's completely out as I know from what I've read on here it's never correct lol

Her growth rate has slowed down slightly as I was over 90th centile a few weeks ago but now I'm just back within it but he wasn't concerned as she seems happy, heart rate etc all good, I feel fine, bg control has been a little more of a struggle still getting some highs but I know at this stage that's expected more than lows.. I feel like the next couple of days are going to drag so badly!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 9 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good news :)

Make the most of these two days! Check everything then put your feet up and get plenty of rest before your induction. For some people, it works quite quickly, but for others it can be a lengthy process and you don't get much sleep so get lots of sleep now so you're on top form for the big day!

All the best XX

Reactions: 2 people

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How exciting!!! All the best, everything will be absolutely fine. Enjoy and cherish every moment!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Good luck!
Soon you will finally have that lil bundle of joy in your arms.
Chill out and enjoy the last few days of peace for years!

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya @Mrsass enjoy these next couple of days. Hope everything goes ok. Some earplugs and a tv package helped me! Then you can join me in who has most sleep club?!!xxxxxx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the well wishes everyone :)

@azure I can't decide if I want to make myself very busy these next 2 days or just do nothing, everyone seems to be advising me to do nothing and relax but I think I'll clock watch.. If you don't mind me asking, how long did induction take for your labours? Xx

@1Sarah1 I've packed the ear plugs :) I'm not looking forward to joining the no sleep club I have absolutely no idea how I'll function with no sleep - I barely function when I do have sleep! Lol but I guess you just manage :) xx

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Mrsass how abouts something to do in the morning then a siesta in the afternoon -that's what I used to do xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Mrsass Maybe a mix of resting and keeping busy then :) But do get some early nights. You won't regret it! : D

No, I don't mind you asking at all :) :

- My first labour - luckily my waters broke and I didn't need an induction;
- my second labour was similar, but it slowed down so they used the Syntocin drip to help (I gave birth about 4? hrs after that but remember I was already in labour);
- my last labour was a total induction (sadly didn't go into labour myself in time) and that took approx 45 hrs from pessary to delivery.

But bear in mind I don't respond well to the induction drugs, so please don't think you're destined to have a long labour. There are ladies here who didn't even need the drip because the pessary worked for them. Each woman and each labour is different.

I always mention that induction might not be quick because I think if you know thats a possibility then you're prepared and know it's all ok and that other women have had similar length inductions. Be prepared for any length of time and trust your body to do the right thing. Even though the induction drugs don't work well for me, all my babies were natural deliveries :)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck and wishing you all the very best for a safe and a healthy delivery of your precious little bundle x

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
HOpe everything goes well for you good luck.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just out of interest, how far along will you be tomorrow? X

I'll be 38+1, they did want to get me in today but there was quite a few inductions booked in and they said I need 1 to 1 care from the midwife with being diabetic so would rather do it on a day that's quieter which is fair enough :) xx